• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 header into 2000 exhaust

Alexfowler

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 xj with a blown 4.0 motor. Looking at a 94 4.0 block and head to swap out. Do any of the aftermarket headers made for the 2000 down pipe fit the exhaust ports for the 94 head? Or am I needing to look into cutting out my factory downpipe and get a 94 header?

Your going to need the earlier header and then mate it to the 2000. Your also going to have to deal with the coil pack.
I would also look into flexplate compatibility and temp sensor

Instead of screwing around with adapting things buy a good used redesigned and more durable TUPY 0331 head from a 2002+ 4.0L TJ Wrangler or WJ Grand Cherokee. Or, buy this kit >>> https://jeepexhaustadapter.com/

https://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=919384

Remove and re-use ( or replace with new ) as needed or required from your original engine: Intake/Exhaust manifolds, throttle body, flex plate/flywheel, cylinder head, water pump, distributor-less ignition or distributor assembly, OBD engine computer sensors, fan belt driven accessories, and/or mounting brackets.

Many aftermarket exhaust manifolds fit both the early and later exhaust ports.
My 2001 has a 0630 head, with a 2000-2001 Banks header. The exhaust ports are properly covered.

I'll look into the banks header. The motor I'm looking at has 48k miles, so I've debated keeping it all stock or buying a Clearwater 0331 head. I kinda wanna keep the 95 head cause it flows better. But price wise either route is about the same price. I'll be swapping my flexplate, intake, cps, and coil rail over.

The Revolver is great header and also CCH cylinder head, I had Russ port/polish one for my stroker build, both are on my 2k

Back