• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT

chopperz

NAXJA Forum User
I have installed a 6.5 rough country lift and my problem is that the two piece control arms rattle just enough when i hit a bump that i can hear it clearly in the vehicle. does any one else have this problem and can it be solved?

Take them off install RE arms.

i have the same lift, have you greased them up and put them on correctly

i took disco's out thinking that was the rattle but it was still rattleing when i hit small bumps. i can grab the control arms and jerk back and forth and hear the two piece arms rattle.

chopperz said:
i took disco's out thinking that was the rattle but it was still rattleing when i hit small bumps. i can grab the control arms and jerk back and forth and hear the two piece arms rattle.

LuVmyJeepXJ said:
have you greased them up

do this, report back if nothing changes

definitely grease them. i have the same lift, and don't have the problem. you need to make sure you grease them until you can actually see the grease coming out of the end of the threads. it will take a while, there's alot of space to fill. but it will take care of the rattle, and it will also make sure you don't get water in there and rust out your threads.

I know many people have allready said it but definitly grease them. I have the same exact lift that i just put on about 3 weeks ago. I didnt have a grease gun so i took it to jiffly lube and for about 25 dollars they greased EVERYTHING to include the controll arms. It is also quite a bit stiff but wear it in for a few weeks and the ride gets ALOT better.

Back