• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep XJ on a comeback? ...

bchulett

NAXJA Member #999
After going to the carwash yesterday, I stopped at the bank and this guy was eyeing my Jeep... we chatted for about 30 minutes and he offered to buy it.

An extra clean XJ... I told him it wasn't for sale. He left me his business card and wants first shot if I do sell.

Nice to know its still highly desirable... :)

Hm....idk if I would call it a come back?

I've had quite a few guys ask if I would sell...I tell them yes, but at a price they probably aren't willing to pay :)

Gonna take quite a few Benjamins to part me from my XJ for a lot of reasons. Mostly because I love my XJ, but also when you buy a used car you get to start the process of finding what all is wrong with it and what all needs to be replaced. I've already gone through the whole tune up process and fixing all the burnout lights and making sure everything works. So for about 10k you can have my XJ bahahaha. I figure that will cover my initial cost of the XJ, lift, tires, and give me more cash to build another one bigger and better.

Yeah once you have time, dna, and $ involved, it is no longer that $1200 XJ you started out with, but the beast you created.

After going to the carwash yesterday, I stopped at the bank and this guy was eyeing my Jeep... we chatted for about 30 minutes and he offered to buy it.

An extra clean XJ... I told him it wasn't for sale. He left me his business card and wants first shot if I do sell.

Nice to know its still highly desirable... :)

You should have asked what he was willing to pay that would have said a lot. He may have wanted to buy it for 500 bucks and then I wouldn't call that highly desirable really...

You should have asked what he was willing to pay that would have said a lot. He may have wanted to buy it for 500 bucks and then I wouldn't call that highly desirable really...

My Jeep Cherokee isn't for sale.. therefore why ask and play games. He knows I have a lot of money invested just by looking at it. I'm the original owner and we had a friendly conversation about older vs newer Jeeps... he appreciates the XJ Cherokee as well as I do.

I also have a 2010 SRT Grand Cherokee and I would part with that before my 1991 4.0L HO turd...

Im always talking to people about their jeeps and have had a few ask about some of mine. Its a pleasure to find someone who enjoys/apprecaites them.

I had a Park Ranger almost draw on me because I was checking out his police spec'd forest service XJ. He walked up while I was on the ground crawling around checking out the winch setup, extra coolers, skids. After I told him I'm a diehard XJ fan, we talking for awhile about jeeps and stuff. He prefered his XJ over newer Explorers and suck coming in.

2enq4cj.jpg

Im always talking to people about their jeeps and have had a few ask about some of mine. Its a pleasure to find someone who enjoys/apprecaites them.

I had a Park Ranger almost draw on me because I was checking out his police spec'd forest service XJ. He walked up while I was on the ground crawling around checking out the winch setup, extra coolers, skids. After I told him I'm a diehard XJ fan, we talking for awhile about jeeps and stuff. He prefered his XJ over newer Explorers and suck coming in.

You know recently I saw an older XJ that was owned by the fire dept or maybe it was the O.C. Regional Parks here in Orange County... a lady was driving it on the freeway.

I know for fact the government spec XJ has heavy duty seat frames.. for sure the driver seat. When I bought a new frame for mine there were two PN's... one for the police spec and the other for John Q Public spec.

I have the XJ factory winch kit option sitting in a box... bought it from a NAXJA member many years ago. All I need to do is find a winch that will fit behind the extended front bumper kit.

Fun stuff...

My Jeep Cherokee isn't for sale.. therefore why ask and play games. He knows I have a lot of money invested just by looking at it. I'm the original owner and we had a friendly conversation about older vs newer Jeeps... he appreciates the XJ Cherokee as well as I do.

I also have a 2010 SRT Grand Cherokee and I would part with that before my 1991 4.0L HO turd...

My XJ isn't for sale but in that conversation it wouldn't have been a big deal to just ask, what's it worth to you. Still just leaves me wondering what the guy thought it was worth.

i was trying to sell my buddies 74 chevy truck when the guy asked me if i was selling my jeep, he then offered me 500 bucks, i then told him to leave my property

lol .. I get real defensive when my GF tries to diss my XJ. The more she does it the more I make her ride in it on date night. I took her to the The Strauss Symphony of America at South Coast Performing Arts Center in January...

She was not happy...

I had a guy follow me into a store one day and asked if I was willing to sell my XJ. He said he was looking for one and liked mine since it was in great shape. Told him I wasn't selling it. He gave me his number and told me to call him if he ever wanted to sell it. That was about 3 years ago I think. I still have his number...

Back