NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Sierra Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Sierra Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old October 11th, 2022, 15:51
NAXJA Forum User

XJ axle swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTremp View Post
I got the 96 and I didn’t have to adjust the booster push rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t either. I took a whole bunch of measurements between what I had, and what I NOW have. Difference was something along the lines of 0.06”. Yes 0.06” because micrometer and math. They’re much better and bolt in.
Old October 11th, 2022, 22:54
NAXJA Member

XJ axle swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Mock View Post
I didn’t either. I took a whole bunch of measurements between what I had, and what I NOW have. Difference was something along the lines of 0.06”. Yes 0.06” because micrometer and math. They’re much better and bolt in.

Glad you got it all figured out!
Im still getting air out of my system. Looking like it might have something to do with my eldorado calipers being hard to bleed.

Old October 12th, 2022, 19:00
NAXJA Forum User

XJ axle swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocTremp View Post
Glad you got it all figured out!
Im still getting air out of my system. Looking like it might have something to do with my eldorado calipers being hard to bleed.

I had a set of calipers where the bleeder screw was just a shitty mold. When I cracked it to bleed fluid it actually let air flow through the threads. It sucked ass. I bought totally different calipers. They’re stilll kind of crappy but hold pressure better. When I loosen the bleeder you can wiggle it just not AS much. Just thought I’d pass this on.
Old October 12th, 2022, 22:44
NAXJA Member

XJ axle swap/build

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Mock View Post
I had a set of calipers where the bleeder screw was just a shitty mold. When I cracked it to bleed fluid it actually let air flow through the threads. It sucked ass. I bought totally different calipers. They’re stilll kind of crappy but hold pressure better. When I loosen the bleeder you can wiggle it just not AS much. Just thought I’d pass this on.

Yeah, I was concerned about that happening so I ordered the speed bleeders that seal the threads and have a one way valve, I also orders a vacuum bleeder kit. We’ll see what happens