NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2022, 05:13
NAXJA Member

Re: What are you doing to your rig - the continuing saga

Dang George! If it wasn't for bad luck. . .
Old July 28th, 2022, 07:38
NAXJA Forum User

Man that's a bummer. I got side swiped last year going up Vail pass. Truck was in the right lane I was passing on the left. He decided to merge as there was a stopped trooper way up ahead. He obliterated the side of my car and told the cop I rear ended him even though there was no damage to the front of my car and you could see where his skid punctured my door. Cop gave me the ticket, got the ticket dropped but insurance wouldn't cover.
Old August 1st, 2022, 06:38
NAXJA Member

Towed the commander home. That thing weighs a lot it feels about the same as towing the bigger xj up the grades vs when I have towed stock xj which feels like nothing behind me . Was going to use a U-Haul but when I arrived to pick it up I realized I left the keys to the adjustable hitch on the commander 65 miles away and the 2-5/16th ball I had it set on the U-Haul won't adjust to . I find U-Haul's towing criteria laughable I had to tell them I was towing a Cherokee down size in order to rent the trailer as Apparently a jeep commander is beyond the capability of a 6.7 diesel ...lol... It wasn't that it was beyond the rating of their super heavy duty 5 lig axled trailer it was beyond a 3/4 ton diesel tow rig . Obviously from what I've seen on the road with U-Haul no one tells them honestly what they're towing .
Old August 1st, 2022, 07:25
NAXJA Forum User

Installed my REM unit this weekend. Pretty sweet little gadget. I have a TPS problem I need to get fix. Would probably explain the low RPM issues I've been having.

Old August 25th, 2022, 05:11
NAXJA Member

Well they were going to fix it then they totaled it...lol ...I had already bought new fenders , fender flares head lights and some trim and paint from the automotive paint shop to do the new parts so now I'm committed to fixing the commander...I don't want to put the factory bumper back on I want something that can take out a deer since it will only carry liability after totaled there isn't any mechanical damage just cosmetic. They really don't seem to make alot of bumpers for the XK I don't have time to make a good looking one it would end up boxy like the DIY move bumpers the Jeepsteel bumper looks to be decent looking but I don't know there turn around times I want something quick-ish ...I may even put their rear bumper and carrier on if turn around times are good .
Old August 27th, 2022, 08:12
NAXJA Member

Well alright just when I thought I had enough shit piled up to do on my 1.5 days off at the end of my 7.5 day work " week" I got jury duty on my one full f'n day off $#@& @#$& !
Old August 28th, 2022, 14:46
NAXJA Member

Alright after two trips to oriellys fur a caliper first trip I got home realized the banjo bolt is on the bottom of an S10 caliper which I didn't realize in the store so after more looking I found I need a k5 blazer caliper . I then got home and since the crane knuckles are thicker than the oe ford I had to grind the new caliper down and then I started the jeep to final bleed and though I was leaking brake fluid from master cylinder then I quickly realized it was FUEL from the #6 injector at the rail .I didn't have any issues with leaks on these injectors for a year and it's only the #6 I'm wondering if the over heat caused the ring to leak ?...Either way it's a good thing I got picky and wanted my brakes solid or this fuel leak would have started on trail .