• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep xj no start/ stumble

alexgalexg

NAXJA Forum User
98 XJ
4.0 automatic 4wd 204k

The first attempt to start the jeep I let it crank for roughly 10 seconds and it didnt start. When I stopped and immediately tried again it fired right up, roughly stumbled and then died. Third attempt it ran flawlessly.

I looked for any obvious vacuum leaks and saw nothing. Tune up is less than a year old. I dont think nss because it stumbled and died after starting. I also dont think cps because it did not happen again.

I proceeded to shut it off and restart it 4 times and couldn't recreate the problem. The rest of today's driving was done without an issue. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Let it sit again and put a fuel pressure gauge on it before you start it. See what it does.

Make sure your battery is in good shape and cranking voltage is above 9.6v.
Battery I know is in good shape. I have also recently checked fuel pressure. But I also did just put a big lift on so it's possible the line may have inadvertently been damaged. I'll check, thanks

Its not the fuel pressure. Also I am noticing that the idle raises for a moment a few seconds after the engine runs on a cold start. Odd behavior

Back