• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light bar mounting

Max, from DBO has one that bolts to the roof rack holes I believe?

I am planningn on drilling.the a pillar and using nutserts to attach brackets that wilk tie in to the.bar.
Need it to show up first, damn customs inspection

Max, from DBO has one that bolts to the roof rack holes I believe?
His sits to far back for what I'm looking for and it's only for the SOYE 45.5 inch bar

I am planningn on drilling.the a pillar and using nutserts to attach brackets that wilk tie in to the.bar.
Need it to show up first, damn customs inspection
I like the nutsert idea. What's your plan on brackets?

His sits to far back for what I'm looking for

it sits back that far for a reason, it's to keep glare off the hood. if you're lighting up your hood it kills your distance vision from inside the jeep, so no matter how bright your lighting is you can't see a damn thing.

it sits back that far for a reason, it's to keep glare off the hood. if you're lighting up your hood it kills your distance vision from inside the jeep, so no matter how bright your lighting is you can't see a damn thing.

Toche. Good point I had forgot about. I guess seeing all the Chevys with their bars right at the top of the windshield made me think that's a good idea.

Actually If I did not have the sunroof, I would have mounted it about 4-6" further back. It just slightly lights the first foot of the hood up, luckily the SOYE has a great pattern and does not give full brightness on the hood.

just found this thread. looking at all of these same options but i think only have a 41 inch bar

That won't work. its too narrow to reach from pillar to pillar, so your only option is to mount it on the front bumper; or to pickup an 8" bar and weld the two together for easier mounting.

Detours makes one that uses the factory roof rack holes. Supposed to work for most bars around the 40" size. Some people think it looks goofy, but I like it.
Not sure how it would be in terms of hood glare, I've yet to see one in action.

i saw that but i have a sun roof from the dealer and they cut the roof rack mounts to far back so it would have to be a custom one.

i think I'm going to try and make a mount that uses the roof gutter clips like that second one but follows the roof line somehow so that way its sleek, but I'm not sure if i can make gutter clips by just bending metal.

and i wish i could build my cage now

i saw that but i have a sun roof from the dealer and they cut the roof rack mounts to far back so it would have to be a custom one.

i think I'm going to try and make a mount that uses the roof gutter clips like that second one but follows the roof line somehow so that way its sleek, but I'm not sure if i can make gutter clips by just bending metal.

and i wish i could build my cage now

Jcr sells roof mounts. Maybe you could use it (or the idea)

Back