• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires

chickenbot

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. I'm giving up on the Chinese brand tires and getting them warrantied out for "being out of round." So now I am looking for a new set of tires. What do ya'll recommend that is price conscientious that is a 33x12.50R15.
Best bang for your buck as you may say.

General grabber AT2. Run them on my MJ now and really like them. Not the same size, I got 265/75/15. If you troll ebay for the discounttiredirect coupon for $100 off $400 you can snag a killer deal. I picked up mine for $320 after the savings.

Mastercraft courser mxt for mud or axt for all terrain

ran ko2 on GC solid tire, while not likely in the price minded category, you may get plenty of value in the long run.

Falken's doing some good things as well

I have the Falken Wildpeak At3w also. They are pretty new so like all new tires they are great. They have been awesome this year in the snow and wet in the sierra's. But you never know how good a tire is until you have had it for a few years and the new wears off. My Duratracs fell off a cliff at 5 years old but still half tread.

The AT3W's can be gotten in LT or P.

I run the LT version.

Good point above about intended use. Whether to go with mud terrain, all terrain or all season may be a more important decision than brand. I've used three brands of all terrain and I couldn't say there have been any significant differences on this basis.

General grabber at2. Been running them since 06. Never been stuck and I have literally driven in the ocean evacuating hurricane sandy. They last a long time, dont freeze and are very safe. Only buy Chinese if you have a death wish or want your insurance to go up

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Had good luck with treadwright. https://www.treadwright.com/

Only downside is they can be heavy. Although they are re-treads, they have a lower failure rate than new tires. I've bought the guard dogs twice

Incorrect, they are NOT retreads.

They are remolds. There's a HUGE difference.

I, too, am a fan of their product. Been using them for something like 12 years, and they've only gotten better since they went to the B2B version across the board.

I agree. Albeit a bit of semantics.

They X-ray them and buy their cores from a trusted source apparently.

I like the B2B as well. The last set I bought I sold before using them. My build went from a budget build of 10K to a **** it 21.5K build. Those tires were surprisingly heavy. 285/75R16's on 16" steel wheels were over 100 lbs each.

My 33x10.50 toyo MT's (also a heavier tire than average) on 15" aluminum wheels are only 78 lbs per wheel/tire combo.

Back