• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

died now no start DD help

DurbElites

NAXJA Forum User
took off distributer to prime new oil pump and started ran just fine for about an hour, at a stop light the jeep stumbled then died and wont restart or try to at all. pressure from fuel pump is fine, im getting spark at plugs, no smoking wires or grounded out wires, what would cause this?????

took off distributer to prime new oil pump and started ran just fine for about an hour, at a stop light the jeep stumbled then died and wont restart or try to at all. pressure from fuel pump is fine, im getting spark at plugs, no smoking wires or grounded out wires, what would cause this?????

What does it do when you try to start it? How have you checked for spark and fuel?

it doesn't try at all..... do you get dome lights, or headlights?

any sound at all from the starter?

headlights or dome lights do anything when you turn the key to start?

Year of jeep could help.

Try unplugging and replugging the CPS, and the Cam Position Sensor located in the distributor. My guess would be one of those being bad.
If it's OBD I or II, check for a code.

fuel spark and air are all an engine needs to run. how did you check spark? sounds like a CPS problem but that would cause no spark :dunno:

it was a bad coil took it out and went to autozone and it tested bad. resistance was way high but i bought a new one and jeep runs again. (thank god. for now......)

Back