• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winter RC crawler project done- PICS

Incredible Hulk

NAXJA Forum User
Well I finally got some adapters to run my swampers (which I grooved you will notice). I was waiting for some locking plates too, but once I got the adapters I was just too impatient to wait any more so I hot glued the diffs so I could play. So, once they get here I will put them on my other set of spare gears I have. I painted the links and scratched off half of it in its first run out. I still need to tweak the steering, and replace a servo- and I may have friend my servo or I just overheated it, time will tell. But all in all a huge success of a first run! Heres some pics: (ALL of these pics were driven into, not posed)
MVC-060F.jpg

MVC-057F.jpg

MVC-058F.jpg

V notch :lol:
MVC-065F.jpg

MVC-066F.jpg

Wishful thinking
MVC-061F.jpg

The stinger is just the right length! I drove away.
MVC-067F.jpg

The big drop. No shelf queen here.
MVC-068F.jpg

And here is the link to a bunch of the progress pics. Enjoy.
http://img4.photobucket.com/albums/0603/HULK64/RC Crawler/
josh

Obviously looking at your website you built that by hand, but what kind of similar products are out there that can be bought near similar. I've got two RC airplanes that haven't seen airtime in a while so I've got two good engines sitting around if they can be used in a truck, and enough servo's to make a truck work. I assume I'd need a different reciever and radio though due to frequency issues. What does one need to get into a hobby such as this? What kind of funding am I looking at? That thing rocks and I want such a toy.

Last edited:
I only have like $300 into the whole thing. I made the frame by hand, and imitated another link set up so I didnt have wack angles. I got a parts truck complete rtr for only $60 which normally woulda cost about $300, so there was some savings. Other than that I bought lockers, beadlocks, adjustable motor mounts, random parts, and got some batteries and a charger for free. Unfortunately I fried my esc yesterday so there is another $100. Dangit.
This one is all electric, which has a lot more control so I hear. I have heard that nitro crawlers are a handful. So ya it is a great hobby and easy to get into. Tons of aftermarket parts readily available. Give it a shot, youll get hooked.
josh

Holy Sh*t man I looked at the first 2 pics and thought it was real until I looked at the 3rd.. I have a HPI Nitro Mt that is gas and I have done a lot of mods that had pushed it to 70+ mph.. My friends call it the rabit on crack because its so hard to control.. It kicks ass on the Off road baja track, Ive been known to out jump everyone to take the lead... Is there an accual Crawl compitition with RC Trucks? if so please send me or post info on this stuff ...

Ya there is a crawling scene, its just small and slowloy growing. People didnt realize how fun it is. I can take my RC rig and try stuff I would never dream of in my jeep and still sleep at night. You have to keep your eyes open for crawling though. There are a bunch of forums to get involved in so you can ask questions etc. It was a great winter project, and I taught myself to arc weld!
josh

That was awsome!

Back