• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tow Hook Brackets

jaros44

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

i jsut lifted my 98 with a 3 inch skyjacker kit. next up was makin sure i have places to tow outta from. i wanted to know if anyone knew if there were stock mounting plates in the front or rear for tow hooks or if i have to buy them, its a 98 sport. also, could i fit 33x10.5's with a 3 inch lift. or would that be cutting it close. any help would be appreciated. thanks alot.

jaros44 said:
hey guys,

i jsut lifted my 98 with a 3 inch skyjacker kit. next up was makin sure i have places to tow outta from. i wanted to know if anyone knew if there were stock mounting plates in the front or rear for tow hooks or if i have to buy them, its a 98 sport. also, could i fit 33x10.5's with a 3 inch lift. or would that be cutting it close. any help would be appreciated. thanks alot.

I thought there were stock mounts for those on the more recent XJ's. Mine's a '90 so I'm no help there. Custom 4x4 makes a bracket that should work if you don't have anything stock:
http://www.custom4x4fabrication.com/recovery.html

There are others out there though, do a search of the forum, I'm sure it's been discussed before.

I have the stock bumper and tow hook bracket WITH 2 tow hooks for sale. Mine are off a 95. If you want, I can take a picture of it and send it to your email to see if they will work (I can't post them here).
Ben
[email protected]

jaros44 said:
hey guys,

. . . also, could i fit 33x10.5's with a 3 inch lift. or would that be cutting it close. . .
Unless you are willing to trim your fenders, no amount of lift (well I guess 10" or so would work) will let you run 33's without rubbing. The stock XJ's fender line is too small for 33's.

Back