• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no more bushwackers

jeepme

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Well after 8 years of running BW flares, and them holding up surprisingly well, I finally made the switch to some tube fenders.

IMG_0351_zpsd4cb36c5.jpg

IMG_0358_zps8700cc81.jpg

IMG_0357_zps97c34574.jpg

IMG_0349_zps1944ac84.jpg

wow that looks great!

dude jeff those fenders are Rad.
did you build those?
did you buy those things- if so, from where?
they are sick

Thanks guys!! Yes they are the Hooligan Offroad fenders. Ive been wanting tube fenders for a long time and these where exactly what I was looking for. Cheaper than Tomkens, covered up the holes from my BW flares, and they are VERY beefy!!! and I think they look pretty bad arss too :greensmok

Those look great. They are pricey, but if you figure what you're getting for the money, they don't seem to be over priced. After all, the BW's are nearly $500 at some stores and you don't even get any body armor with them. Too bad I just spent all my money on other parts for my heep.

Jeff - Did you get the smoothed out version for the extra $$$?

I know the price is steep and I probably have other stuff I could use the money for but those are SICK!!!

Jeff - Did you get the smoothed out version for the extra $$$?

I know the price is steep and I probably have other stuff I could use the money for but those are SICK!!!

Nope I just smoothed them out myself and sprayed them with rustolium.

Ya, those are pretty sexy. Been considering flare ideas for the future and these have been bookmarked. How easy was the install?

Pretty easy bolt on but definitly helps to have a buddy when marking holes. The rears take a little muscle to get them lined up but worth it.

Thanks everyone for all the nice words.

Those are Sweet!!! - I am going to make my own steel fenders those pics are giving me lots of ideas. Besides the obvious mounting bolts are there additional brackets or supports behind the panels . Do they tie in to the unibody structure anywhere? They do look great ..

Yes the fronts have a support bracket that ties into the unibody. There are also steel backing plates that mount behind the fenders to spread the load of the mounting bolts.

Just as I would of imagined. I thouht to do likewise. Any pictures of the support brackets ?

Back