• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vanilla Gorrilla blog

Got a ton of snow at the house.
45613c5f633171a67e2da7cdef1ddda8.jpg

Garage is still not fully setup as we have been doing projects inside the house.

Took the Jeep out and got it stuck on my property. Steph had to come give me a tug with the suburban.

This week I’m getting my new tires mounted on beadlocks. And on my new spare rim. And also diagnose the clunk.

I love living here.

Oscar looks like he's loving it. Can't wait to retire and head that way.

Found the clunk. Unfortunately it was what i thought it was.

f4ca2b69bb6c6ad04b46020231093159.jpg

Looks like a very bad setup. In my haste to get the jeep running, I neglected to run a pattern when i bought this rearend. Oh well live an learn. Looks like ill be putting new gears in this bad boy.

Im sorry man

So i found the source of failure. The carrier bearing cage was contacting the seal housing and ate up the bearing. That caused the backlash for be out of adjustment. I cant believe i was driving on this for almost 10months
bc181f66f596b008127c327cd839514e.jpg

6814eaab51c0c3ebe0ee6b895c82fdc0.jpg

Also found out that it is indeed a rubicon housing not a standard jk housing. I reached out to arb. Even though i bought this from jon, and he bought it from someone else, they still warrantied it. Insane customer service. They send me new sets of arb shim packs, a new seal housing and bulk head fittings free and next day aired it to me. Super cool. Unfortunately i will be out of town next week. So ill have to get back to it week after next. I am building a case spreader. So the install should go very smoothly.

Im also installing my new tnt track bar. Ill wait till its daily drive able again before i move forward with the atlas and winch install.

Last edited:
Love the pics of the new place. Where abouts in the Reno area did you end up? We're looking into places but haven't decided where to go yet...

Gordon is workin on a new look. Its called magnum.

Brought home another fleet member on friday. Serious upgrade to my towing capability. Gettin ready for moab.

d523cbe2ed0b36e2d2ad3dd4e7ce66fc.jpg

Its a 2000 Cummins 5speed 4x4. Setup with 100horse injectors and a smarty tuner. Airbags and 5th wheel hitch. Dana 80 rear. Needs some minor tlc and chasing down some leaks. Im super stoked.

Jeep reassembly to happen this week.

Looks pretty good . You could run it as is or play with it a little more

22f6032e46109949729377ac7907aab3.jpg

Look ma’ no jackstands!

Im still waiting on a sensor plug kit from 4wheelparts and then the rearend can get filled up with fluid. And i have two nuts that need flags, then bleed the brakes and im ready to break in the gears a bit. Ill be driving it to work for the rest of the week to break them in.

Last edited:
Back