• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1990 Wagoneer Limited XJ Fender Issue

Kyle_South_Park

NAXJA Forum User
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have a 1990 Wagoneer Limited XJ- as most of you know the cherokees fake wood sided brother. Anyway I love my jeep and have wanted an XJ since I was six when I was growing up in B.C my dad had a 1987 Pioneer XJ and I loved it sadly we had to sell it when we moved to nova scotia. So I have bought a 1990 Wagoneer Limited with the trac loc differential. Anyways I have a replacement drivers side woody fender but I do not know how to remove the old one so I can install the new one. I know that there are bolts along the side under the hood two in the door area and two underneath I have heard I have to remove the headlight assemblies. I am really not sure how to do this but I am willing to learn

Thanks

Zachary

First remove the left head light bezel, and you will see two nuts on the of the header panel, remove those. Then just use a torx to get the bolts under the hood, the back two by the door. You need to remove the side running light to get to the two screws behind it. then remove the turn signal and take out the screws on the bezel around the headlight its self. Twist and pull the bulb sockets to remove them for the blinker and side running light. I hope this helps.

jeepspeed pretty much covered it but either way its really simple ive had my front end off several times its just a little time consuming the first time and it helps to place all the nut and bolts in labeled ziplock bags that way you know where they go

and congrats on gettin a waggy i will warn you though finding front clips for them is damn near impossible so if you come across them grab one cause come the day you run into something and crack that fiberglass you'll be happy to have the spare

Back