NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 13th, 2019, 12:58
jeepsrock's Avatar
jeepsrock jeepsrock is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LA California
Posts: 1,149
How Much is my XJ worth?

Hello fellow Jeepers,

Last week I created a post here asking about how much I could probably get for my XJ but something must have happened and I no longer see it. Regardless, here are the specs, let me know what you think I would be able to potentially get for it in Los Angeles area,

1994 XJ 4.0L 180k miles
231 Tcase with SYE
JKS Disconnects
RE 4.5 in lift with full rear packs
RE monotubes
Front D30 with locker & 4.56 gearing
Rear Chryco 8.25 with 4.56 gearing
Front Bumper with D-rings and Lighting
Side Nerf bars
Confer Roof rack
Alpine stereo with Kicker sub
97+ automatic doors


Jeep runs well overall, needs new door weatherstripping all around.

Thanks,
Pete


Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old May 13th, 2019, 13:06
old_man's Avatar
old_man old_man is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Posts: 15,665
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

The reason is that this is not the right area to ask that type of question. I think it got moved.
__________________
Tom Houston - Former Colorado Chapter President , Terminal Adrenaline Junkie, and Rocket Scientist
Loveland, Colorado My teardrop build
You're just jealous because the voices don't talk to you.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old May 13th, 2019, 14:40
Tim_MN's Avatar
Tim_MN Tim_MN is offline
Freakish Hand Strength
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 6,653
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

It is worth a great deal more in places where snow melting road salt ruins everything.
__________________
.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyjer

Tim MAY be 100% correct, but why would a person automatically pick him as the expert .....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old May 15th, 2019, 11:46
RCP Phx RCP Phx is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phoenix,Az
Posts: 12,445
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

It would be worth more if it didn't have a General Patton paint job.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old May 16th, 2019, 09:53
jeepsrock's Avatar
jeepsrock jeepsrock is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LA California
Posts: 1,149
How Much is my XJ worth?

Lol, no one has a legit answer???

Pete


Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:00
RCP Phx RCP Phx is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phoenix,Az
Posts: 12,445
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

I told you the other day in the deleted post. I bought this 2000 w/ 3.5 RE lift a little over a year ago for $800.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:12
cal's Avatar
cal cal is offline
NAXJA Warranty Voider
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hammertown, USA
Posts: 17,401
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

2K?

The paint job ruins the jeeps value TBH, so figure 50% of the aftermarket parts, minus labor.
__________________
I'm not a complete idiot - there are parts missing.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:40
RCP Phx RCP Phx is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phoenix,Az
Posts: 12,445
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

Yes I originally picked it up for the wiring harness on my other 2000 "big brother" rig but decided it was to nice to part out. It also is a rust free native Arizona vehicle. It needed some body repair but the drivetrain was sound and easily passed emissions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old May 16th, 2019, 10:49
devildog0's Avatar
devildog0 devildog0 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hunt County Texas
Posts: 706
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsrock View Post
Hello fellow Jeepers,

Last week I created a post here asking about how much I could probably get for my XJ but something must have happened and I no longer see it. Regardless, here are the specs, let me know what you think I would be able to potentially get for it in Los Angeles area,

1994 XJ 4.0L 180k miles
231 Tcase with SYE
JKS Disconnects
RE 4.5 in lift with full rear packs
RE monotubes
Front D30 with locker & 4.56 gearing
Rear Chryco 8.25 with 4.56 gearing
Front Bumper with D-rings and Lighting
Side Nerf bars
Confer Roof rack
Alpine stereo with Kicker sub
97+ automatic doors


Jeep runs well overall, needs new door weatherstripping all around.

Thanks,
Pete
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Currently, XJ pricing swings wildly depending on location. In my area I bet you could get 3 or 4 grand out of it. Probably more if it was in good stock condition. Other areas it would be 2 grand or less. You really just need to get on Craigslist and other local sell websites and see what the pricing looks like in your area.

We're probably seeing the beginning of the end of the cheap throw away XJ. I'd imagine that they will eventually occupy the space that the Grand Wagoner currently occupies at lower prices in another 10 years or so. Who would have ever thought that a Jeep Grand Wagoneer would go for over 50,000 dollars?
__________________
1995 XJ Country/4.0L/AW4/231/UpCountry Suspension
2004 Suzuki DL650 VStrom/1978 Suzuki GS1000E/2003 Yamaha TW200
1982 Suzuki GS850G (barnfind project)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old May 16th, 2019, 11:53
denverd1's Avatar
denverd1 denverd1 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Tyler, TX
Posts: 665
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog0 View Post
Currently, XJ pricing swings wildly depending on location. In my area I bet you could get 3 or 4 grand out of it. Probably more if it was in good stock condition. Other areas it would be 2 grand or less. You really just need to get on Craigslist and other local sell websites and see what the pricing looks like in your area.

We're probably seeing the beginning of the end of the cheap throw away XJ. I'd imagine that they will eventually occupy the space that the Grand Wagoner currently occupies at lower prices in another 10 years or so. Who would have ever thought that a Jeep Grand Wagoneer would go for over 50,000 dollars?
guess i need to quit beating on mine like it owes me money
__________________
Chili Pepper '98
4.5" lift, locked on both ends, 33s
10K winch and a lot of skinny pedal
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old May 16th, 2019, 15:23
Tim_MN's Avatar
Tim_MN Tim_MN is offline
Freakish Hand Strength
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 6,653
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsrock View Post
Lol, no one has a legit answer???
Go to KBB.com and enter the XJ info. Total up the retail price of all the add-on parts, subtract any and all install costs, and divide that number by 2.

Add the KKB price plus the 1/2 of parts prices and be willing to negotiate downwards.
__________________
.
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjeeper

Go ahead and slam the liftgate down on a blanket, and see how long you are laughing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyjer

Tim MAY be 100% correct, but why would a person automatically pick him as the expert .....
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old May 16th, 2019, 20:07
devildog0's Avatar
devildog0 devildog0 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hunt County Texas
Posts: 706
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
guess i need to quit beating on mine like it owes me money
This is the direction we are headed man. Probably not this high on private party sales but people are buying XJs from these guys at these prices. It's seems so crazy to everyone because of how long we have had a high supply and basement level pricing on them but the supply is finite....

https://inventory.davisautosports.co...%5D=Chero kee

Then take this as an exterme example. First year XJ with a Cummins swap. They're talking 40+ grand price tag when they are done.

https://inventory.davisautosports.co...s-diesel-chief
__________________
1995 XJ Country/4.0L/AW4/231/UpCountry Suspension
2004 Suzuki DL650 VStrom/1978 Suzuki GS1000E/2003 Yamaha TW200
1982 Suzuki GS850G (barnfind project)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old May 17th, 2019, 05:54
RCP Phx RCP Phx is offline
NAXJA Forum User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Phoenix,Az
Posts: 12,445
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

That's almost comical, they must be laundering drug money because what legitimate bank is going to loan full price(new) on a 20yr+ old vehicle.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old May 17th, 2019, 10:45
devildog0's Avatar
devildog0 devildog0 is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Hunt County Texas
Posts: 706
How Much is my XJ worth?

You can get personal loans for whatever you want. Some people also have the pockets deep enough to simply pay cash.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
__________________
1995 XJ Country/4.0L/AW4/231/UpCountry Suspension
2004 Suzuki DL650 VStrom/1978 Suzuki GS1000E/2003 Yamaha TW200
1982 Suzuki GS850G (barnfind project)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old May 18th, 2019, 06:52
01classicxj's Avatar
01classicxj 01classicxj is offline
NAXJA Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Dickinson, TX
Posts: 47
Re: How Much is my XJ worth?

I can borrow up to half of what's in my retirement Vanguard profit sharing account. Pretty much how i fixed up my XJ. Loan from my Vanguard retirement account. I can go up to 5 years on repayment. 4.5% interest i pay to myself, so it's like i'm saving more money. Payment comes right out my paycheck split bi-weekly. Smarter this way as i'm not giving any bank interest money. This help's with older vehicle cash purchases or whatever.
__________________
2001 Cherokee 2wd to 4x4 conversion. 31/2" Metalcloak springs, hex aluminum control arm's, JCR Vanguard tire carrier high clearance rear bumper, Bank's header, Magnaflow Y-pipe.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are 31's worth it? xjstock++ Modified Tech Discussion 46 October 5th, 2012 16:55
72 J-20; What's it worth? Boatwrench Non-Tech / Off Topic 5 December 3rd, 2007 17:14
Worth it? barillms OEM Tech Discussion 5 November 30th, 2005 17:17
Think its worth it?? summitlt Non-Tech / Off Topic 10 November 11th, 2005 07:57
Is it worth it. T.Hopp OEM Tech Discussion 1 June 6th, 2005 14:35


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
NAXJA and NAXJA logo's Copyright NAXJA. All content/images Copyright NAXJA 1999-2014