NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion > Paint and Bodywork forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Paint and Bodywork forum Around here sheetmetal is optional but if you are going to do it, do it right.

Old April 23rd, 2018, 05:04
NAXJA Forum User

Help! Roof and Pillar replacement

I have a 1999 XJ and am in the process of stripping it and a donor to replace the roof and pillars. I've seen some older posts about it but can't pull up the pictures. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me to or has some pics or video of this type of job. Thanks
Old December 16th, 2018, 12:48
NAXJA Forum User

Help! Roof and Pillar replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendog36 View Post
I have a 1999 XJ and am in the process of stripping it and a donor to replace the roof and pillars. I've seen some older posts about it but can't pull up the pictures. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could guide me to or has some pics or video of this type of job. Thanks

I donít have any video, or pictures but Iíll be talking my roof (pan) off the sheet metal drilling out a lot of snot welds & dealing with body glue actually doesnít look half bad, if you have any questions let me know basically you can take apart a whole vehicle if you have enough time & spot weld drill bits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old March 4th, 2019, 19:30
NAXJA Member

Re: Help! Roof and Pillar replacement

not sure if this is still relevant.. I went through this last year...

Trail ride: 1988 XJ: Motor/plumbing/electrical: '19 ZZ6 350 sbc, 405HP/405 lb-ft; holly performer EPS, Terminator EFI, headers, novak aluminum radiator; MSD ignition
Drive train: d30 front, F8.8 rear, 4.11 gears, np242 transfer case, rusty under-armor; fully locked with detroit lockers; Chevy 700r4 tranny, 35" MT's
Old June 20th, 2019, 17:19
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Help! Roof and Pillar replacement

Jmg222, thatís one of the more uplifting things Iíve seen today. What a repair. A tree fell on mine last night during a storm and Iím trying to figure out what the heck to do.

Did you do the work yourself or hire someone? I would expect something like this to cost several thousand in a body shop.

Really wondering if I should consider saving mine like you did. Itís a Ď99, rust-free, manual trans, fully loaded, 4x4, about 215000 on the clock.