• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is the wire that connects to fuel rail and...

95cherokee33s

NAXJA Forum User
When pulling the engine, I had everything disconnected, but somehow snagged one of the wires. I can not find the other end, just the broken part. This wire is connected at the back of the intake manifold. It has a holder on it and a bolt to secure it to the fuel rail. I think it is the only wire that has a bolt on the fuel rail, it is covered in black plastic wrap. It then travels down inbetween the intake manifold to...? Please help, go out and take a look at yours, Thanks!

If it's got a 10mm nut on the back of the rail and drops behind the engine, it's the wire to the Crankshaft Position Sensor. You'll have to buy a new crank sensor if you ripped it apart.

John

I assume you are referring to a 95...so I went outside to look and my 95 has no wires attached to the fuel rail. But....as luck would have it I also have a 94 and not too long ago I replaced the CPS on it. The wife is out in it right now, but if memory serves the wire was attached to the fuel rail near the firewall. This wire should run behind the manifolds to the CPS which is mounted on the bellhousing, near the top.

Hope this helps!

Back