• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel rail quick disconnects

rockgator6

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone have a autozone or checker auto part number for the quick disconnect o-rings and plastic clips for an 88 cherokee with the 4.0 i have been to both places and even the dealer and they say they dont have any thing like that
Im getting real frusterated with the parts places on this one.

Thanks for any help on this

Rockgator6

Not sure about autozone or checker. The dealership mopar number is 1-83502745.

I'm holding an unopened bag with one. I purchased before I pulled the fuel rail (to replace injectors). I ended up leaving the fuel line connected on both ends. Never needed the disconnect so it's in the spare parts box.

Are the plastic clips OK? I swapped out the injectors on my '88 and pinched the o-rings when I reintalled the fuel feed line. I was able to find the right size o-rings at a local Kragen.

There's also a little "spacer" that goes between the o-rings. As long as all the plastic stuff is OK, you might get by with just the o-rings.

I had a patched together line on a Renix heep once. It started dumping fuel right in front of a Nissan dealer. They had the o-rings separate for about a buck apiece. Don't know the exact application, but they worked fine.

IF the quick disconnects get really fubared,do they have to be replaced with quick discos or can the lines be clamped on using small hose clamps...

The fittings are ok im just missing the plastic clips and the o-rings. The manual that i have says there is a kit available that has the o-rings and the plastic spacer, but all the parts stores and the dealership have no idea what they are.

thanks for the part number i will stop at the dealership on my lunch break today.

Rockgator6

Back