• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel injection hose, in place of fuel rail quick connects

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I want to put fuel injection hose in place of the fuel rail quick-connects.
The old retainers were stuck inside the fittings, and I knicked a seal inside trying to pry it out.

Has anyone else ever done this elimination?

The two biggest obstacles are the different diameters from the fuel rail nipples to the steel fuel lines, and the lack of a flare on the steel fuel line.

Can the fuel line be flared? Or is it going to crack like an old brake line?

I don't think you can safely flare it....depending on which seal you nicked you may be able to just replace it and buy new plastic clasps from the local parts store... The other alternative is if you can get the hose up far enough over the "ring" that the plastic clip would of caught on you can use a fuel injection hose clamp and it will hold fine.. Remember only 1 of the lines is pressurized, the other is a return line and has essentially no pressure to worry about...

Which fuel line is the pressurized supply line?

The seal i knicked is integrated with the fitting, where the one of the o-rings seats. That little knick will leak for sure.
I have $50 of unused quick connect repairs now.

I did this on a Neon, using some transparent blue fuel line I had left over from use on my GSXR. I didn't try to flare the line, but did use some hose clamps. I sold it about a year later and never had any issues from the fuel lines.

Back