• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

i think i wanna build a jeepspeed...

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
I think I am talking myself into building a jeepspeed Cherokee but have some questions. I wanna try and run a third seat in the back... Has anyone done this or is it possible with a legal cage? I also am wondering who makes a good cage other then t and j. I just wanted some options. Thanks guys

Why put in a third row for a Jeepspeed? Generally speaking, if you're racing you're not toting around an extra 6 passengers.

BlackSport96 said:
Why put in a third row for a Jeepspeed? Generally speaking, if you're racing you're not toting around an extra 6 passengers.

x2 personally I'd remove the regular back seat, much less add another row. just so I could have the extra room for storage.
and if you had a third row it'd be hard to get enough triangulation into your cage.

Thanks hehe, looks a little different now but still not quite done:
IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

not much room in my rig for anything back there, and I still have to pack tons of spares/tools/jacks etc.
IMG_0977.jpg

You can try pming NRT_chris on here, their racer has a 3-rd seat I believe, as do a few others, lots of info at jeepspeed.com.
good luck

Skullvarian said:
You can try pming NRT_chris on here, their racer has a 3-rd seat I believe, as do a few others, lots of info at jeepspeed.com.
good luck

that thing keeps getting better!

and what would the point of a 3rd row seat be in your opinion?

Jimbo_1321 said:
that thing keeps getting better!

and what would the point of a 3rd row seat be in your opinion?
well so 3 guys can race, those guys are a father/2 son team so maybe so they can all race? I don't recall that they use the 3rd seat often or even still have it but he is on here so he could probably answer that much better than my speculation. Thanks for the props, should be racing very soon!

Thanks guys but I just want a 3rd seat not a third row I just want to be able to have a 3rd hit along when not in competition

man have i got a jeep for you. 85 2door. been stripped body in great shape.
My son & I thought about building it for jeep speed but got involved with other projects.
call me 14357573109 [email protected] Rick

Triple4x4 said:
man have i got a jeep for you. 85 2door. been stripped body in great shape.
My son & I thought about building it for jeep speed but got involved with other projects.
call me 14357573109 [email protected] Rick

PM sent

oh! I totally misread that one...
a third seat makes sense, I was wondering why the heck you wanted a third row...
sorry my bad.

and yea, rustys was cuz they sponsor the show, they're coils are really soft, so probably not a good idea, though it looks like they now sell some jeepspeed leaves, anyone know about these or used them?

Yes yes more info on those leafs. So me and 2 buddies of mine bought a red 95 4 door 2wd Xj last night with some front end damgage for 400 bucks. Well now I guess after we get it runnin its truss truss and more truss time. I think that we will not run a sway bar on the front so anyone know of any good coils to shoot for so I don't get as much roll as my current re 4.5 springs on my dd?

I'm probably gonna do some skyjacker coils, my understanding is that they're stiff but not too stiff cuz I wanna do rocks and trails as well as go fast

maybe I should just get another jeep....

look at the deaver coils, those are what I'd get if it was only go fast stuff

Back