• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prerunner bumpers?

BigDadys94xj

NAXJA Forum User
Is there a company who sells a prerunner style front bumper for the XJ? I have been all over the net trying to find one or even see a pic of an XJ with one on it. I think they look cool and want to put one on my 94 after I get it painted and install the new lift. Thanks for any help.

The 'Rubicon" pictured on crawltech is a Hanson Enterprise bumper.
I just talked to him the other day, and I know there was some design changes.
Not sure if that is still available.
1.jpg

2.jpg

I really like my Protofab prerunner bumper... solid as heck and well built.

Protofab

Crawltech seems to be running slightly pricier than 4wheelsupply.com...

The only place to go...
www.rigidco.com
Not only are the bumpers bombproof and affordable, but check out the mounting system. Terry does custom work (he completely fabricated mine exactly to my specs for a small fee), and his customer service is 2nd to none.

Here is mine, before the powder caoting process...(sorry, I have no pix with the bumper coated/ mounted, but I don't have a digi camra yet :( )

rigid1.jpg

rigid2.jpg

Like I said...THE ONLY PLACE TO GO!

harnett, where can you get a front skid plate like that? Was it part of the bumper or separate. I had one like that on my old lifted sonoma and i loved it. I'd like to get one for my xj now

Not sure if you're a newbie to the XJ world or not, so please don't get offended if you know this already....Are you aware that you will need to trim some sheetmetal to mount these custom bumpers? NAXJA

Fairly new to the NAXJA but not an XJ newbi. I have 3 XJ,s currently (pretty stock 94, 87xj wagoneer with 8" and 35's and my girlfriends 92 with a 6" teraflex grandup kit) Im not offened though . I'm starting to do a mild build up on my 94 (since its my daily driver) and I always wanted a prerunner bumper so I think Im going to do it with this one.Thanks for all the info everybody! I really appreciate it.

Blackash132 said:
harnett, where can you get a front skid plate like that? Was it part of the bumper or separate. I had one like that on my old lifted sonoma and i loved it. I'd like to get one for my xj now

The skid came with the bumper, but its just an aluminum panel, its not a true steel skid. I have pshed myself up a few rocks, so I does its job, but it'll dent up a bit. Maybe one day I'll replace it with something a bit more beefy, but for now it kicks ass. Here is were I bought the bumper, OK is right down the road from me, but since I got the bumper when it first came out, I had to pay shipping, 80 bucks. The bumper was 500.
http://www.ok4wd.com/product.asp?id=103

XJbone said:
The only place to go...
www.rigidco.com
Not only are the bumpers bombproof and affordable, but check out the mounting system. Terry does custom work (he completely fabricated mine exactly to my specs for a small fee), and his customer service is 2nd to none.

Here is mine, before the powder caoting process...(sorry, I have no pix with the bumper coated/ mounted, but I don't have a digi camra yet :( )

rigid1.jpg

rigid2.jpg

Like I said...THE ONLY PLACE TO GO!

Terry at Rigidco did a great job on your bumper..........he's even improved my design ;)

Back