• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

h-townxj prerunner build

h-townxj

NAXJA Forum User
so here it is i haven't been too active on here much as far as replies just a active reader of the forum. figure this is a introduce myself and the rigs thread along with the current xj build. my name is donald im 20 and im from hanford ca. it will be a bit slow but thats what happens in the real world as you all know. i have a 2000 tj that i drive daily and occasionally wheel. and a few months back i had a family friend getting rid of his xj for $700 so i snatched it of course knowing exactly what i had planned for it. plus my girlfriend needed a car to goto school for a while.

heres the 2 jeeps.
16456_191423013269_516463269_2903583_164003_n.jpg

so current specs on the xj
1986 cherokee
bastard pack 3-4" maybe lift
zj v8 coils up front with extra isolator and 1" aluminum spacer
33x12.50 15 bfg muds on stock wheels.
and the good ol POS GM 2.8 v6 :looser:
d30 and 35 with 4:10 gears and open carriers

what is in the plans for the next 2 weeks to get done:
Rough Country 4" short arm lift (arrives tomarrow)
hanneman fiberglass front rear and hood (arrives tomarrow)
cragar steel wheels (for now) those have arrived
flame plating (if time allows)
and what probably is complete opposite of keeping her strong is a chop top

Future plans:
full cage (most important in my mind)
suspensions seats ect.
F.O.A coilover front Shocks and Bumps
deavers for the rear
longarm front end
chevy 350 have one needs to be cleaned up and rebuilt plus need the rest os the drivetrain to handle it.
and more but for some reason cant remember?

so heres the current progress:
started with the chop top cuz all of my other parts are not here yet. and figure this was one of the most time consuming besides the frame plating. and of course probably the least important (oh well)
heres some pics ill have more once i get more done and my actuall camera is working.

IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

hard to tell but that big black thing is the close out for the back of the cab.
not much detail really at this point except i cut her open now i gotta make her live lol. tomarrow my glass and lift shows up along with hopefully my new tierod? 4wp has been slacking.... anyways thats it till tomarrow cab gets its window and closeout done thursday. any questions or pointer besides it will fold like a taco let me know.

so i didnt get a single thing done today went to the world ag expo today wich was cool saw a jeepspeed rig on the way in cant remember the number it was all silver bfg and amsoil stickers on it. it was a 1700 rid thats for sure. but on the good news side i have a room full of parts and some more i have to go pick up in fresno tomarrow.

plans for the rig tomarrow are close in the cab and start getting the fiberglass halfway mounted so we can cut out the rear sheetmetal fenders to make way for more travel.
here is a pic of all the goodies.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

hanneman fiberglass fenders, bedsides and hood
rough country 4" lift with drop brackets
cragar black steelies
new throttle cable (old one has like one wire hanging on for dear life)
and a heater switch for my tj cuz its been a bit cold without a heater driving to fresno at 5:30 am in the fog with no defroster sucks and only one wiper because i spent all my money on the xj lol

tomarrow in the am im gonna go pick up my new rk track bar, hd tie rod, and tierod puller from 4wp in fresno. then come back take the heep to the highschool to make use of their plasma. and hopefully next week goto the fresno pnp to get me an 8.8 out of an exploder ot maybe a yota rear depends on what i find

so was i so i decided theres only one way to find out :laugh3:

so some quick update photos for today got the flares pretty much on just need some more cleaning up more on the rest tonight just taking a quick drink break

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

are you going to cut the rear flares so the rear doors can be opened?

Ya were going to cut them after we make them fit a bit better and have the fender wells trimmed to clear the 33"s at fill bump

What's the plan for a rear cab closeout/rear structure bracing?

looks good man. You driving it around with the rear cut? are you going to leave it open or close it up at all? I plan on doing the same type of cut.

Not my style but thats besides the fact you are doing a pretty good job on it, good install, cant wait to see it finished

Hey guys Internet has been down so behind on updates I'm on my phone right now. Comcast guy is supposed to come out today and fix so I can give some updated pics. Cab is closed. Rc 4" is on. Still need to massage the flares. Ran out of cutting wheels but hopefully today well open up the rear tubs. Plan is to keep the doors functional. Hopefully Thursday get another sheet of plate for the unibody plating. But may run out of timeto get it done. Bu luckly I only work every other week so it not like I'm never gonna have time to get to it. And the mig ran out of gas so haven't been able to weld the past day or so. Anyways more to come. Pics tonight of course

Yay finally an update!!!!!!!!!!! Been busy back To the grind at work. So no special pics because I forgot to take some of the fender trimming done but I will take some tonight for you guys when I get home. So got the new lift on, have some half way tubs in the back that will get rebuilt next week with something stronger. Got he sunroof on. Cab closeout in an painted gotta put the window in tonight. Hood still isn't mounted. Interior is basically stripped minus the dash. Going to hurculiner it next week. And ya I'm half asleep do any questions I'll be on throughout the day and now for some updated pics more detailed ones tonight

before lift
IMG_0188.jpg

after lift
849472df.jpg

Cab closeout before full welding griding and paint 10ga steel
22b61d4f.jpg

I think I have enough spare tires
1b78eae5.jpg

initial cuts on the fenders
297abd24.jpg

and a picture of the jeep that I like. Still a long way To go before huckfest in pismo this year gonna be fun to mess around with the dezert ranger guys.
547c67c3.jpg

So here's some updated pics of the jeep as she sits still not going as fas as I'd like but the choptop and fender cutting along with about 200 holes we drilled for the windows. So next on the list is get the inner bedsides and fenders
made. Got some flat black on it to make it all one color. So plans for next week are

Build the inner fenders
Get all of the frame plates cut out (possibly weld them)
and get all of the seats back inside of it
and get the back fiberglass cut so that the door can open.

And next on the list of shtuff todo is buy all of my tubing for the roll cage$$$$$$$ should be fun but it's all gotta be done fornit nt to turn into a taco

da825bd0.jpg

the back window
a6ec9d53.jpg

7e78cd64.jpg

5652dd9d.jpg

Back