• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

~Scott

Haha thanks!
I had my mom buy me a membership for my b-day present. :thumbup:

~Scott

Hope it was a good one, young man. You anywhere close to getting your Jeep done?

Just need to get a new brake boost, install rear brake lines, install driveshaft adapter/u-joint, and put my airbox back in.

Hoping to have it all done monday. Can't get the booster till then, so we'll see.

~Scott

You and burrito on the same day. You twins or something? :confused1

Happy birthday!

Willy

happy belated bday bro! Thanks again for the shackles way back when.:wave1:

Haha yeah no problem! :thumbup: Want another? Or maybe a D35? Free! haha

~Scott

haha... NO! but a wheelin trip when you get your junk fixed!

haha... NO! but a wheelin trip when you get your junk fixed!

Sounds fair. How's yours treating ya?

I'm currently in the process of making brake lines, and trying to figure out how to replace the u-joint on my driveshaft. After that I just need to get my shock mounts welded and I'm done.

~Scott

happy really late B-day scott! i hope you have your jeep done for NWFest good luck and the thors look good man!

Happy B-day duder!

Sounds fair. How's yours treating ya?

I'm currently in the process of making brake lines, and trying to figure out how to replace the u-joint on my driveshaft. After that I just need to get my shock mounts welded and I'm done.

~Scott

I love my jeep:thumbup:.. after the lift I had a few gremelins to chase down, but after I found most of them (still have a pesky oil leak) the thing doess awesome and I took your advice about protection. haha

Yeah those ujoints are a PITA. I have to replace the one in my pass side axle shaft before my next trip along with a few other minor things

I love my jeep:thumbup:.. after the lift I had a few gremelins to chase down, but after I found most of them (still have a pesky oil leak) the thing doess awesome and I took your advice about protection. haha

Yeah those ujoints are a PITA. I have to replace the one in my pass side axle shaft before my next trip along with a few other minor things

Axle shaft u-joints are nothing compared to driveshaft ones IMO, since you can pull the axle shaft out relatively easily...but the driveshaft, not so much. I need to get a u-joint tool. :-/

Good to hear you like your rig though, and thanks guys!

~Scott

I need to get a u-joint tool. :-/

Good to hear you like your rig though, and thanks guys!

~Scott[/quote]

I got one!!

I've used U-joint tools and I have used my big 8" c-clamp and a couple of sockets and I actually perfer my C-clamp. After you've done a couple you can remove and install a D/S u-joint in about 15 mintues.

Got any pics of it all together yet Scott?

I've used U-joint tools and I have used my big 8" c-clamp and a couple of sockets and I actually perfer my C-clamp. After you've done a couple you can remove and install a D/S u-joint in about 15 mintues.

Got any pics of it all together yet Scott?

Problem is...my big c-clamp is missing the flat end on the adjustable part...so it spins the whole clamp until it slides off the socket.

And yeah here's a pic I took a week or so ago. It won't be that tall when sitting on it's own though.
jeepproject1.jpg

~Scott

I picked up my U-Joint tool from Harbor Freight. I've got a 2002 Cheby w/Duramax and it munched the needles in a bearing.

Yup, 15 minutes sounds about right for R&R-ing a U-Joint.

If I wasn't so involved in a move at the moment, I'd swing by and help ya out with the driveshaft.

Eric

I picked up my U-Joint tool from Harbor Freight. I've got a 2002 Cheby w/Duramax and it munched the needles in a bearing.

Yup, 15 minutes sounds about right for R&R-ing a U-Joint.

If I wasn't so involved in a move at the moment, I'd swing by and help ya out with the driveshaft.

Eric

I appreciate the thought anyhow.

If anyone wants to swing by around 8:30 tonight to assist that would be cool. I don't have time to get a new clamp or tool tonight as I work.

~Scott

Back