NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > OEM Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

OEM Tech Discussion Forum for OEM (Original Equipment) or stock XJs and MJs.

Old August 18th, 2006, 10:13
NAXJA Forum User

Wipers

THis might already be a topic but i need to ask because its driving me crazy. When i turn off my wipers they look like they dont go down all the way the passenger side wiper is a couple inches from laying flat. Does anyone else have this problem? or know how to fix it? i tried o push them down but it goes right back. is it just supposed to be like that?
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:17
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Wipers

go to pep boys, autozone or wherever and get the wiper linkage bushing kit. takes 15 minutes to pop em on and its fixed.

here:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1582
Old August 18th, 2006, 10:36
NAXJA Forum User

uh yeah, if you need to adjust the wipers to match just lift the tab at the bas of the wiper arm and pull it off, position it and push it back down. maybe you dont need the bushings after all?

i needed them, they slapped the side and bottom of the window in the rain and i was going N U T S.

The bushing swap is not hard and well worth it. cheap fix too and gives you inner PEACE.
Old August 18th, 2006, 14:54
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by POSXJGuy
uh yeah, if you need to adjust the wipers to match just lift the tab at the bas of the wiper arm and pull it off, position it and push it back down. maybe you dont need the bushings after all?

i needed them, they slapped the side and bottom of the window in the rain and i was going N U T S.

The bushing swap is not hard and well worth it. cheap fix too and gives you inner PEACE.
X2 on that.

My 92 had the same problem along with the wipers "oversweeping" and trying to catch on the windshield trim. 3 new bushings and the problem is gone