• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Softest ProComp shocks. 1000, 3000, 9000?

sycho15

NAXJA Forum User
My girlfriend has a '93 XJ with Rubicon Express 3.5" lift kit. I put ES3000 shocks on it at the same time as I installed the lift. This was back in May, and it has only been street driven since. It will likely see 95% street use and some mild trailing when we're camping. It needs to be comfortable on the street. (I've got the Jeeps that we use off-road)

It rides rough, really rough, at least as rough as my stock J10 and maybe worse just because it's lighter. I don't even have the sway-bar connected and it doesn't get any body-roll.

I've bought some sway-bar disconects so I can hook that back up, and now I need to find some way to soften the suspension. I was told that ES3000 shocks are super stiff and that was likely the cause of the problem.

So, I called 4 Wheel Parts and asked them what the difference was between the 1000, 3000, and 9000. They told me the 1000 was basically a stock replacement shock, the 3000 was stiffer, and the 9000 was stiffest of them all. This contradicts what I've heard elsewhere, so I'm looking for opinions on this.

Back