• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiators.....which is best?

sprngfldxj said:
1 (single) Row, 2 Row or 3 Row?
I have 4.0, AW4, A/C and a tranny cooler. Who is a good place to go with or should I start looking on Ebay?

This question really needs to have more information behind it. Radiators are like lifts IMO... ie, what do you plan on doing with your Jeep.

Since most of us rock crawl, a 2 row is best.
However for higher performance applications (where speed is involved), a 3 row would be better suited.
I personally dont think that a 1 row serves a purpose.

I for one grabed a 2 row from NAPA (aluminum) and couldnt be happier.

Thank you Muad'Dib!
I actually just got off the phone with Napa and found that they do have the one you decided on.
I plan on daily driving and mild to hard offroad. i have not ventured too far too the rock crawling as of yet. I am running a 4.5 with 32's and fr-rr LSD's

check out www.radiatorbarn.com they have CSF radiators 2 or 3 row. They even show the dimensions for the tubes and everything else related. The shipping is super quick just click on the map

These have worked great for a couple friends.Its not your Normal single row!
http://www.alumrad.com/dblpass.html
alucop.jpg

The Alumrads are nice, but they have plastic end tanks :( i was heartbroken when I found out b/c they're so pretty and seem very well made....

Muad'Dib said:
This question really needs to have more information behind it. Radiators are like lifts IMO... ie, what do you plan on doing with your Jeep.

Since most of us rock crawl, a 2 row is best.
However for higher performance applications (where speed is involved), a 3 row would be better suited.
I personally dont think that a 1 row serves a purpose.

I for one grabed a 2 row from NAPA (aluminum) and couldnt be happier.
x2. i have the 2 row aluminum (yes it has plastic tanks) and i rock crawl with the a/c blowing and auto trans working hard and i dont have ANY of the all too common overheating problems. be sure you do a new cap, hoses, ect. i also recomend all factory fans (steel fan with HD clutch and 97+ acc fan). this is what i run and it works for me. oh, call 1800radiator and tell them you want the aluminum rad. they are based in las vegas and free shiping. BTW i have a stroked 4.0 HO (4.7)

Back