• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 xj, white 2dr, lots of custom work...selling complete - $2000

gearwhine

NAXJA Forum User
I spent a ton of time on this Jeep...but have been moving all over for jobs the last few years and haven't quite put the finishing touches on this. I really want to keep it...but it's finally been realized it's just not feasible.

1996 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 2dr, 5 spd.
~5.5" of lift, 33x12.5 BFG AT ko

Full roll cage, rear traction bar, large underbelly skid, etc.

See current photos here.

http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/grego_68/Jeep/

and progress of the build here...

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62729

Notable parts

-Dana 44 rear from 80's XJ , Powertrax no slip, Spicer brand 4.56 gearing, completely rebuilt.

-Dana 30 HP front, custom mounts for a 3-link w/track front suspension, spicer 4.56 gearing, loc-rite.

-Terra low'd NP231 transfercase with short shaft SYE kit.

-Tom woods rear driveshaft

-Lots of other stuff, call to discuss!

The main thing that needs to be done is finish weld the rear shock hoops. I have brand new (a few years old though) PORC 14" travel rear shocks to go with the sale.

Plus...the interior is gutted...but I've got it all for you!

This car has been run a few times a year over the last few years...and still runs great. It will more then likely need some small things tuned up. I think the fact that I've been using amsoil synthetic oils, things have stayed very smooth over the years.

The truck is in Morristown, NJ at my brother's garage. He will be glad to show it to you and do whatever is needed to aid in the sale. He knows the truck fairly well, so he can definitely help out.

Feel free to call me....I am personally located in Denver, CO at the moment. 713-724-1382.

$2000 - My thought is to just price this for the T-case and Axles. You've still got a great 4.0L engine, tranny, and everything else along with it... If you think $2k is unfair...please give me a reason and an offer and I will consider going lower.

I can not and will not part this thing out at the time. It's being sold complete and I feel it is priced to move as a complete jeep.

I've also got some great 10-20ft lengths of 1.75"x0.120", 1.5"x-0.250" and, 1.5x0.126" wall 1020 DOM tubing. This will be an additional cost...but way cheaper than buying it from any steel supplier, as I just need this stuff gone as well. I will sell these lengths separately. Whole lengths only...will not cut for pieces. Call me for more info!

Thanks! and I really hope someone can use this thing!

-Nick O.

It's just at his personal rented garage actually. Not a shop. And to be Specific...in Boonton, NJ. I've just been paying him to store it as I've wanted to come back to finish it and bring it out here to CO...but I've finally realized that's just not going to happen.

More on the Jeep...It's got Tomken Front and Rear bumpers as well. 2" receiver hitches front and rear. http://www.tomken.com/catalog.php?search=terms=&model=XJ&year=1996&cat=frontbumpers

If someone takes this soon, I'll even throw in a very useful gift that no one would refuse...a bit more specific...it's useful in recovery.

Nick, i thought this thing went out west years ago.

Hope things are well for you.

John B

That was the plan, but it just has never happened. Been trying to work out the logistics of it, but nothing ever made sense.

Things are well out here though...great wheeling in the area but just been busy with so much more stuff that I just have no time or desire for this stuff anymore...unfortunately. I put a tons of $$ and time into this thing.

How's stuff on your end?

The motor and tranny have 81,450 miles. It's still a baby. It still runs great. Was just started up and driven around the block today.

Make an offer...this thing needs to go before Thanksgiving!

Your finally selling it.... I still remember the look on your face Nick :scared::scared::scared:, as your XJ hung on to the side of Q trail at PAP on a wing and a prayer...

SOLD to ARB-XJ!

I'm sad it's gone, but glad someone is going to finish it up and use it! Update the ongoing thread I started!

I spent nearly as much as I sold it for on the rear axle alone! :(

Chris, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have to get this thing going again!

I'll be back with some of those photos that you guys are asking for!

-Nick

Cant wait to get working on it, hopefully ill get most done this weekend. Ill update you thread asap! Thanks again!

Back