• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Letting Some Steam Off

XJoshua

NAXJA Forum User
First off Im heading to the Rob Zombie/Ozzy concert. Yay for me. Why Im angry, my dad bought them for a christmas present and didnt figure gas and food money into his budget. I take care of myself so Im alright, but him, my sister, and her friend just have candy. I cant help out because I have $26.48 in my bank until Checkers refund does through. Also my dad is pissed at me because I didnt know my Sprint rebate was in the mail for $100 which could have helped him out. So not only am I brokeish I also dont get paid until Friday. Now here's the kicker. He borrowed money and is using $20 to put E85 in his 92 F150. I told him the problems about doing that and that he wont get beter mileage as he thinks. So there will be a "I told you so" around 10 tonight and probally swapping fists. Im not a reliious person so I asked my cousin to pray he doesnt kill us tonight because he is driving agesively.

Im glad I packed my headphones so I can just zone out.

Next part.
New Years Eve. Since me and some buds said they liked going Clubbing when I took them to see Benny Benassi. So I saw Bad Boy Bill was playing new years eve at club Vynil. We said we'd all go and now only one wants to go since he is going to the navy in march. This is a problem because the one with the dependable ride doesnt want to go because he is afraid to ask his boss if he can go in earlier in order to come up with us. I told him just ask or atleast say you asked and lie to me. He wont do either. Also these musicians play House Electro. And we have been planing this since September. Which is more then enough time to ask and get money and time off. Just to shit out awhile before the show. So it might just me and a buddy who did everything I said to get the day off. So I told everyone that it isnt hard to do. They cant fire you for asking. So might be taking my worn out Heep to denver 133mile trip. Atleast it doesnt overheat.

Now about Jeeps:
When I bought it the guy had about 5 sets of spare made. I bring it home and my dad takes 4 sets. He drive my fracken jeep when ever he wants and trashes the interior. Most of all kills all my gas and doesnt put more in. Also when I let him borrow it he doesnt follow any of my rules. 1.) Keep the heater on "HEAT" and if you must use the AC flip th blue switch on otherwise it will over heat, 2.) if you must smoke roll the windows down and ash outside of the vehicle. 3.) Take your shat out of my Jeep when youre done 4.) If it looks broken dont try to fix it or improve it. 5.) wear you god damn mother fracken seat belt all the time. None of them follow this. Even my 16 year old sister. She refuses to wear a seat belt leaves her candy wrappers on the passenger floor when I drive he somewhere and ashes on the floor when she smokes which Ive told her to stop smoking all togeher and Id buy her first car for her. She wont quit. A free car as long as she quit smoking and kept a GPA of 2.0. That is not hard at all. Told her it was a Honduh CRX that I would rice out to her preference. But obviously smoking is something more important in her life. My mom doesnt drive me Jeep because her Explorer works good. But she wont let me drive it even when she is in it because she thinks Il get in a accident. I only pay $50 for insurance a month have been in two accidents. One when I didnt know what RWD and snow mixed together into. Broken control arm and cracket rims, no other vehicles involved. The other was a dumb blonde parallel parking her Avalanhce into my hood from two lanes away.

I need a vacation. All I need is my Jeep finished so I can go out of town and wheel and camp and just get away. 19 years with people I love to much and try what I can to support them doesnt work out. Time to move a couple citys away and enjoy college and freedom.

Thanks for reading my rant. Feels better. I just really need to take a a leak and the next pit stop is 50 miles away.

Get a new lockset, and keep the one set of extras in your wallet.

I can understand your frustration - I went through something similar where my old man would borrow my car (step-dad, and 1966 Bug) before he ended up walking out on us entirely. First time, I told him "It ain't your car" (it wasn't - I paid for it, and paid for the resto,) and don't leave it a mess again. Second time, I just change the locks.

Maybe it's just me - but if I borrow a vehicle, it usually goes back cleaner than I got it (it usually gets washed) and with as much fuel in it as when I left - if not more. Is that so damn difficult?

E85 is not going to run any better in a vehicle tuned for gasoline - it will probably run worse. Also, ethanol does require some special elastomers for seals and hoses - so he could end up eroding his fuel system hoses and fuel injector o-rings (if any.) And the fuel pump diaphragm/seals. And the "quick-connect" O-rings in the fuel fittings. And... It may not happen (it usually takes sustained use and operation,) but it's a possibility as I recall. Don't even get me started on the sustainability and energy debt involved in production of EtOH/MeOH fuels, especially EtOH...

Sixteen years old? How is she getting smokes? Who buys them for her? Just wondering... Stop reminding her of the car idea (it obviously isn't working) and just don't do it - if she wants it badly enough, she'll quit (I know it can be done - I dropped a two-pack-a-day habit cold about 12 years ago...)

"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but don't pick your friend's nose."

On a more serious note - "Friends are God's way of apologising for your family." Bearing this in mind has gotten me through some difficult times in the past - even though I'm a mild-mannered agnostic, at best...

5-90, is that one of the guys you want to contribute to China for fuel? lol

After reading your post it has inspired me to start a thread,,, stay tuned,

5-90 said:
Get a new lockset, and keep the one set of extras in your wallet.

I can understand your frustration - I went through something similar where my old man would borrow my car (step-dad, and 1966 Bug) before he ended up walking out on us entirely. First time, I told him "It ain't your car" (it wasn't - I paid for it, and paid for the resto,) and don't leave it a mess again. Second time, I just change the locks.

Maybe it's just me - but if I borrow a vehicle, it usually goes back cleaner than I got it (it usually gets washed) and with as much fuel in it as when I left - if not more. Is that so damn difficult?

E85 is not going to run any better in a vehicle tuned for gasoline - it will probably run worse. Also, ethanol does require some special elastomers for seals and hoses - so he could end up eroding his fuel system hoses and fuel injector o-rings (if any.) And the fuel pump diaphragm/seals. And the "quick-connect" O-rings in the fuel fittings. And... It may not happen (it usually takes sustained use and operation,) but it's a possibility as I recall. Don't even get me started on the sustainability and energy debt involved in production of EtOH/MeOH fuels, especially EtOH...

Sixteen years old? How is she getting smokes? Who buys them for her? Just wondering... Stop reminding her of the car idea (it obviously isn't working) and just don't do it - if she wants it badly enough, she'll quit (I know it can be done - I dropped a two-pack-a-day habit cold about 12 years ago...)

"You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but don't pick your friend's nose."

On a more serious note - "Friends are God's way of apologising for your family." Bearing this in mind has gotten me through some difficult times in the past - even though I'm a mild-mannered agnostic, at best...
Damn skippy.

5-90 said:
Nope. I do the same thing.....its how I was raised. Before my mom or I got our Jeeps we would borrow my neighbors if we needed to get a large item home from the store, and she always got it back with a full tank, and most of the time I would atleast do a quick cleaning of the inside, but maybe thats cause i'm paranoid about having a clean interior.

Hell, last time I did some work on her ZJ I stopped at the quarter wash and gave it a good bath and cleaned up the inside, and I refused to let her pay me for the parts or the labor. But then again, i've often been told I act much older than my age.

And wow, going from two packs a day to nothing cold turkey??? I bet you were a plesent person to be around for those few days :shocked:

XJoushua, as far as your situation goes....sounds like you need to get out as soon as possible. Looks like you bought your own jeep and pay for your own insurance, which is way cool....which means you can say it's yours. Next time your dad takes your Jeep out and burns through all your gas, take his truck out and do the exact same, and bring it back to him on fumes. And I would definitely get new locks, like 5-90 said.

For your sister not wearing her seatbelt, do what I do. Refuse to take her anywhere. Just get in the Jeep and sit there until she puts it on. And if she takes it back off 5 minutes later, pull over and wait until she puts it back on. Eventually she'll start wearing it. And if that doesn't work, a couple of soild brake checks should do the trick. Ask the last guy who rode in the back of my Jeep w/o his seatbelt on how well sliding into the back of the center console felt. To this day he wears his seat belt anytime he rides with me.

Wow Tim, your an ass, haha.

:dunce:

99XJSPORT06 said:
And wow, going from two packs a day to nothing cold turkey??? I bet you were a plesent person to be around for those few days :shocked:

Here's the kicker - I quit while I was holding down the counter at Kragen's (parts house.) Retail auto parts? I just quit smoking? I was in truly rare form for about six months...

I like the seatbelt idea. I honestly wouldn't have any trouble with not wearing one, except for the fact that it's become a revenue-enhancing law in most states. We didn't have to wear one when I was growing up, but you could still ride in the back of a pickup truck then as well...

5-90 said:
Here's the kicker - I quit while I was holding down the counter at Kragen's (parts house.) Retail auto parts? I just quit smoking? I was in truly rare form for about six months...

I like the seatbelt idea. I honestly wouldn't have any trouble with not wearing one, except for the fact that it's become a revenue-enhancing law in most states. We didn't have to wear one when I was growing up, but you could still ride in the back of a pickup truck then as well...

Man more power to you for quittin cold turkey and working at a parts house....even though I dont smoke I sure as hell couldn't manage both like that.

And for the seatbelt thing, the laws used to be that people over the age of I believe 18 (maybe 21) were not required to wear one, but that just changed a few months ago to it being required for everybody. And like you said, the big money making revenue that it's become....the last thing I need is another ticket.

99XJSPORT06 said:
Man more power to you for quittin cold turkey and working at a parts house....even though I dont smoke I sure as hell couldn't manage both like that.

And for the seatbelt thing, the laws used to be that people over the age of I believe 18 (maybe 21) were not required to wear one, but that just changed a few months ago to it being required for everybody. And like you said, the big money making revenue that it's become....the last thing I need is another ticket.

Ayuh. In Indiana, they're required to be worn in passenger cars - but not in vehicles registered as trucks (this was as of last year.)

The problem I have isn't so much with the idea - it's not necessarily a bad thing - but it's implementation. They changed the law here in CA a couple of years ago - they can now pull you over and initiate a full traffic stop if they see you're not wearing your seatbelt. No, they're not going overboard...

(I always get paranoid when I hear the PD has some new spendy equipment or another...)

Gotta pay for those 3" lightbars that look like luggage racks, you know - and keep those helicopters in the air...

5-90 said:
Ayuh. In Indiana, they're required to be worn in passenger cars - but not in vehicles registered as trucks (this was as of last year.)

The problem I have isn't so much with the idea - it's not necessarily a bad thing - but it's implementation. They changed the law here in CA a couple of years ago - they can now pull you over and initiate a full traffic stop if they see you're not wearing your seatbelt. No, they're not going overboard...

(I always get paranoid when I hear the PD has some new spendy equipment or another...)

Gotta pay for those 3" lightbars that look like luggage racks, you know - and keep those helicopters in the air...
This has been GA state law for a bit now. I've been popped a few times b/c it looks like im not wearing one (work has made it a habit, i can lose my job if caught not wearing it while working). I usually just call my brother up and he takes care of it :)

5-90 said:

One of the downsides in NJ was when they changed to more 'streamlined' light bars for the state troopers to 'conserve fuel' yea right. Prior to that they had these big mickey mouse ears sticking up you could spot 30 cars and a tractor trailer back..

5-90 said:

Yeah I completely forgot to say the laws in NC......guess thats what I get for getting my NAXJA fix while trying to make sense of this scribble my non english speaking physics professor calls a study guide for our final exam on Saturday.

Back