• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Sport Manual?

Quailman

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know where I can find a manual for a 1996 Cherokee Sport 4WD w/ 4.0L? All I can find for sale is the Haynes manual, and I would prefer to have the manufacturers if possible (also free lol).

Much appreciated!

No worries. If you spend a few minutes in your preferred search engine, you'll find a number of sources. Whether they have distribution rights is for you to decide.

There are quite a few that offer "digital" versions. Some are simply scanned images. While better than nothing, it can be difficult to find what you need without scrolling though 1300+ pages. Others are text searchable. This is what you should look for. Once you've found the pages you need, you can then print out.

No worries. If you spend a few minutes in your preferred search engine, you'll find a number of sources. Whether they have distribution rights is for you to decide.

There are quite a few that offer "digital" versions. Some are simply scanned images. While better than nothing, it can be difficult to find what you need without scrolling though 1300+ pages. Others are text searchable. This is what you should look for. Once you've found the pages you need, you can then print out.

Appreciate that! I'll keep scouring. The problem is a lot of sites tend to skip over 1996 for whatever reason, and I've noticed a few things that make my 96 a bit of a unicorn compared to other years lol

Yeah, the '96 is "extra special".

The Mopar link in that other thread seems to be dead, but the Bishko link still works if you want the exact paper book that was on the shelves in the Jeep dealers.

This is one of those cases where spending the $130 or so is beyond worth it.

Yeah, the '96 is "extra special".

The Mopar link in that other thread seems to be dead, but the Bishko link still works if you want the exact paper book that was on the shelves in the Jeep dealers.

This is one of those cases where spending the $130 or so is beyond worth it.

Glad someone agrees, I was beginning to think I was crazy in thinking that some things on the 96 are super specific. I guess since it was a "transition year" it has some pre-97 characteristics as well as 97-01 characteristics.

Never heard of Bishko before so thanks for the suggestion, I will check there!

$ 7.95 >> at pacificcoastmanuals dot com. Also try alldatadiy.com.

Last edited:
Back