• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.7 swap?

This

If you’re gonna go through the time, effort, and expense of a swap, make it a worthwhile one.

Like an LS

Exactly, I picked this 00 F-Body LS1/4L60E out of the JY for $553 out the door.

REE3QSQqjsi19a89HfvuAE3eyJo8ewyB-VBcv1duoScieslQDdZiPFn4-biyXCvUbjcgz9bftREbhvuzFZES3P0P9T2fDgWho28-nvyQMdV7ot25oS88uEAT9YUA7Ovn6AawoUTmLpg=w1200

Horse power is nice but all you really need is gearing unless you are towing.

Wow I have never hit my oil pan on anything and if I did it would probably punch a hole through it as well. I know the Cummins swap is pricy but it comes with almost everything you need. Swapping in a 4.0 would not be cheap since the 2.5 has a different wiring harness than the 4.0 and Chrysler stopped making the 4.0lt harness so you would need to source a used one. You would also need to install a new exhaust, is the intake compatable 2.5 vs 4.0? What about pullys, alternator and starter are all of those compatable 2.5 vs 4.0? Honestly I don’t know but it seems like it’s worth it to me buying the Cummins if I had a 2.5 and wanted something better.

I replaced a 2.8 carbed with an obd2 4.0 for $300. Went from five speed to auto too.

Wow I have never hit my oil pan on anything and if I did it would probably punch a hole through it as well. I know the Cummins swap is pricy but it comes with almost everything you need. Swapping in a 4.0 would not be cheap since the 2.5 has a different wiring harness than the 4.0 and Chrysler stopped making the 4.0lt harness so you would need to source a used one. You would also need to install a new exhaust, is the intake compatable 2.5 vs 4.0? What about pullys, alternator and starter are all of those compatable 2.5 vs 4.0? Honestly I don’t know but it seems like it’s worth it to me buying the Cummins if I had a 2.5 and wanted something better.

Wiring harness wouldn't be as hard to source as you'd think. I worked at a salvage yard that specialized in Jeeps for a minute and we did save complete harnesses. And we NEVER cut a pigtail out without the boss-man's explicit approval. Intake and exhaust are both on the driver's side on the 2.5 and 4.0, so that's one less hassle vs. fabracobbling something together. Hell, for the price of some of these swaps, you could probably get a parts Jeep with a 4.0 already in it.

Wiring harness wouldn't be as hard to source as you'd think. I worked at a salvage yard that specialized in Jeeps for a minute and we did save complete harnesses. And we NEVER cut a pigtail out without the boss-man's explicit approval. Intake and exhaust are both on the driver's side on the 2.5 and 4.0, so that's one less hassle vs. fabracobbling something together. Hell, for the price of some of these swaps, you could probably get a parts Jeep with a 4.0 already in it.

Worst case scenario is changing the dash harness, but so long as it's same year and number of doors, it should be plug and play. Might have to weld some strap to the frame to tap the cross member bolts in for the transmission.

XJ donors are common enough in the free to three hundred dollar range.

Back