• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FEELER: 98XJ lifted (my DD)

XJ&CHZ4ME

NAXJA Forum User
I am toying around with the idea of selling my daily driver XJ. I only drive 20 miles a day round trip and it has served me well, but to pack the family into it and make a long trip somewhere it is not very comfortable for me since I am half sasquatch. So here are the specs:

1998 XJ Sport (black)
I6-4.0
AW4
NP231
D30/C8.25
175,000 miles
RE 3.5" coils
RE SF LCA's (I have brand new rebuild kits to go in them)
RE SR UCA's
RE1600 Trackbar (with new end less then 1500 miles ago)
RC 4.5" rear leaf packs (less then 1500 miles on them and stiff as hell currently)
RC shocks (less then 1500 miles)
RC transfer case drop kit
Surco Roof rack w/ tire carrier,hi-lift mounts, and 2 brand new Hella's
31x10.50x15 matching tires, front are @ 50%, rear @ 35% tread.
31x10.50x15 spare that has 85% or better tread
(4)15x7 charcoal Eccos

This rig has a salvage title b/c it had been hit high in the rear hatch and knocked into the vehicle in front of it. I drove it home to start the build. All parts replaced were factory parts (hatch, bumpers, bumper caps and header panel). It is a 11 year old rig and has dents and scratches. It is not a fancy show rig but at the same time it is not a total POS either. It is a decent rig but rides like a lumber wagon right now. Has a Sony CD player and other then that it is stock and the interior could use a good cleaning. I have another set of gray factory carpet for it since the carpet in it is fairly nasty. I am thinking around the $3000 area.........

I will post up some pics this evening when I get home.

any questions, just ask

I am toying around with the idea of selling my daily driver XJ.
You buy and sell vehicles about as often as most people change underwear Tyler :D. What would be it's replacement?

underwear?? whats that :rolleyes:

looking at getting a new dually possibly or a 3/4 ton truck, something that can pull trailers and be my personal farm truck, no more sharing "my" trucks with my worthless brother-in-laws....bastards tear up everything they touch.

underwear?? whats that :rolleyes:

looking at getting a new dually possibly or a 3/4 ton truck, something that can pull trailers and be my personal farm truck, no more sharing "my" trucks with my worthless brother-in-laws....bastards tear up everything they touch.
Haha, that would be pretty trick to get a new truck, that way when you come on trips up here to the junkyard you don't have to drive the old lumber wagon :D. Well that's cool, didn't mean to derail your thread, I'll get the word out to some peeps up this way as well ;), good luck with the sale man.

for the right price I would put it back to stock and part out the lift parts. Alot of them are like new.......

If there is enough interest I would sell the lift as such:
RE fixed LCA's w/ SF rebuild kits $100
RE fixed UCA's $100
RE 3.5" coils $100
RE 1600 track bar w/ new QA1 end $100
Rough Country 4.5" full leaf packs $175 (like new)
Rough Country shocks (nitros I believe) $80 set of 4. Painted gray to match RE stuff
RC TC drop ???
Tires and wheels $300
Surco Roof Rack w/ hi-lift mounts and spare tire carrier $200 (I'll keep the Hellas)

I'll only part out the lift if I can get a buyer for the rig in stock form......

Blake, call me if interested....

If you helped me return it to stock the price would be a bit cheaper then if I did it all on my own :D
Probably in the 2K range..

It is a better deal complete

for the right price I would put it back to stock and part out the lift parts. Alot of them are like new.......

If there is enough interest I would sell the lift as such:
RE fixed LCA's w/ SF rebuild kits $100
RE fixed UCA's $100
RE 3.5" coils $100
RE 1600 track bar w/ new QA1 end $100
Rough Country 4.5" full leaf packs $175 (like new)
Rough Country shocks (nitros I believe) $80 set of 4. Painted gray to match RE stuff
RC TC drop ???
Tires and wheels $300
Surco Roof Rack w/ hi-lift mounts and spare tire carrier $200 (I'll keep the Hellas)

I'll only part out the lift if I can get a buyer for the rig in stock form......
If you decide to put back to stock, consider me 1st in line for some of these parts.:cheers:

im interested in buying it in the stock form... where are you located at?? and is titling and reg. a problem being that it is a salage title??

im coming from 60560....
2k range um.......

Thanks!

I should have stated that a bit more clear. The title is a "prior salvage" title. It has gone through the proper channels through the state to get it as such. It has met the Department of Transportation/Highway Patrol requirements and is now currently licensed and legally on the road. It is located in Unionville, Missouri 6356. About 5or so hours from Chicago. If I put it back to stock that would be the price range I was thinking about if potential buyer helped me do the work, if I did all the work it would be a few hunderd dollars higher. It is no show winner, but it is dependable transportation. The hood is boogered up on the leading edge and had a bad touch up paint spot on it, but the rest of the body is in decent shape w/ some dents here and there.

I should have stated that a bit more clear. The title is a "prior salvage" title. It has gone through the proper channels through the state to get it as such. It has met the Department of Transportation/Highway Patrol requirements and is now currently licensed and legally on the road. It is located in Unionville, Missouri 6356. About 5or so hours from Chicago. If I put it back to stock that would be the price range I was thinking about if potential buyer helped me do the work, if I did all the work it would be a few hunderd dollars higher. It is no show winner, but it is dependable transportation. The hood is boogered up on the leading edge and had a bad touch up paint spot on it, but the rest of the body is in decent shape w/ some dents here and there.

interesting.... i have a lift(4.5 RE SF..),tires(33's), and some "built" axles(locked 30 and 44) and a jeep that has let me down more than enough so this is perfect... however the distance... i really wouldnt be able to help ya.. price seems fair... can ya post pictures.. this could be a road trip!! lol

interesting.... i have a lift(4.5 RE SF..),tires(33's), and some "built" axles(locked 30 and 44) and a jeep that has let me down more than enough so this is perfect... however the distance... i really wouldnt be able to help ya.. price seems fair... can ya post pictures.. this could be a road trip!! lol
If this looks promising,Tyler, I might be willing to come down on a weekend & help you remove some of the parts, for a reduced price, of course. And maybe some nachos.

you have stated 2k "Range" in stock form.... is that $2800 or like 2,000.... lol i have really been looking at spending no more than 1500... but can and will spend a bit more to a dependable "platform.."

price and distance are my two worries....

if not 3k is a good deal for someone...... and i could keep looking...(dont mean to burst your bubble silent bob....

If I pull the parts and return to stock, I am looking for $2200. I drove it in stock form before I lifted it to Joplin, Missouri which is 5 hours from here and it ran flawless. Since I have lifted it, I have drove to Kansas City a couple of times and that is 3 hours for me. It was a long rough drive, but mechanically it was just fine.

I will get some pictures posted up this evening when I get home. spikey, PM me your email so I can send some more pics to you and keeps me from putting too many pics on here.

silent_bob...we can work something out I am sure. Might as well swing through and pick up Collin while your at it!!!

If I pull the parts and return to stock, I am looking for $2200. I drove it in stock form before I lifted it to Joplin, Missouri which is 5 hours from here and it ran flawless. Since I have lifted it, I have drove to Kansas City a couple of times and that is 3 hours for me. It was a long rough drive, but mechanically it was just fine.

I will get some pictures posted up this evening when I get home. spikey, PM me your email so I can send some more pics to you and keeps me from putting too many pics on here.

silent_bob...we can work something out I am sure. Might as well swing through and pick up Collin while your at it!!!

I dont mean to be like this however... im thinking this is a NO GO because i am a college student that works two part time jobs and to get time off work is very hard to do... even if that is a go then i must see if my buddy is around to drive my car back... THEN... i must see if my buddy wants to give me a couple hundred for the axles.... (im sure he would)...

Im just saying that it could be a possibly and i wish you lived closer... cuz if ya did....

Thanks dont want to waste your time in thinking it sold.... (i would still prefer to find something in the 97+ range in that price range locally...)
However, im not throwing out this possibly...(aka if someone else is interested sell it and if not i could arrange something maybe in a few weeks...)

Thanks

I go with who has CASH in hand before I ever consider anything sold, unless I know ya or have wheel extensively with ya :D. BUT...just buy the whole rig lifted and sell off what ya dont want. That way you just drive down and drive it back home :D

Really, I understand where yoru coming from, I was once a poor collge kid, now I am jack pot loaded and living the high life :thumbup:

If you think you can get something worked out let me know, I will be cool with helping out where I can, but if not, no big deal either. I have other rigs to drive in the mean time if I start to disassemble this one.

oh wait, I am a poor farmer, I got carried away with things for a minute :D:D

oh wait, I am a poor farmer, I got carried away with things for a minute :D:D
Frickin liar, I don't know any farmers that have a nacho cheese machine.:worship:

you need to hang out with cooler farmers then :cheers:

*where is the nacho cheese smiley face icon ????

you need to hang out with cooler farmers then :cheers:

*where is the nacho cheese smiley face icon ????
The farmers I know are old school. bib overhalls & cheap a$$ beer drinkers. Can you say PBR.

Back