• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out built XJ

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
92 with 6" lit and full cage.

RE 5.5 Superflex front kit; complete with springs, CAs, and drop brackets $500
Rear springs-Big Offroad $200
Xtra set of Rusty's 6" front springs- literally one run on them $100
(4) Bilstein 5150s 10" travel- also one run on them $300
Parts Mike Chevy 1 ton steering $100
8.8 with Detroit and 4:10 $800
D30 with Lockrite and 4:10 $300 (both axles for $1000)
Tube doors $150

Remaining carcass
The Good:
Full cage
F&R offroad bumpers (front winch bumper) not sure what brand.
Drivetrain is all fine; no problems.
Doors and hatch available.
Body panels in decent shape. Not a SeanR rig :D

The Bad:
Big hit on last run pushed the left rear spring shackle through the framerail and floor. Can be fixed by sleeving the rear framerail (recommended anyway)
$1000

OR
buy everything above for $2500, fix the rear framerails, and have a very nice turnkey rig at a bargain price.

Pics avail on request.

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhh! I want that Dana 30! :doh: Gonna be a few weeks though!

i would like to see pics of the tube doors, are they homebrew, just front or all 4?

what tires come with the complete rig? please send pics, include pics of the springs coming through the floor (im sure i know what your talking about anyhow)

dan

LouMalnottis001.jpg

LouMalnottis002.jpg

LouMalnottis003.jpg

LouMalnottis004.jpg

LouMalnottis005.jpg

LouMalnottis006.jpg

LouMalnottis007.jpg

LouMalnottis008.jpg

LouMalnottis009.jpg

Seats/harnesses, winch, light bar, and front fog lites not included in sale.
As of now, Dan has first dibs on complete vehicle.

Do the front shocks bolt up with the threaded stud thing on the top of the shock or it is the round bushing with a through bolt? I hope that makes since cause I have no idea what that's called hahaha

The stock shocks have a single stud for mounting on the top, what you are asking I believe, is if it has what is called "bar pin eliminators"

Adapts for regular shocks that mount with a cross bolt.

XJR

Do the front shocks bolt up with the threaded stud thing on the top of the shock or it is the round bushing with a through bolt? I hope that makes since cause I have no idea what that's called hahaha
These have the XJ pin adaptors using the through bolt.

edit: Yea, what XJrubi said.

I mean the top of the shock where it mounts to the body not the axle end

Yes exactly... the body mount of the shock

XJR

Damn I want them shocks!!!

Might be interested in the 5150s. Had a payroll snafu at work so I'm probably 2 weeks out from doing anything. I'll send you a PM when I know more.

Are the 5150s rebuildable? I've seen conflicting information online about whether 5100 or 5150s are, or whether only 6100+ shocks are.

I'm planning to do 7100s or Fox's eventually but in the meantime this would clue me in on whether coil spring rate or cheap shocks are making my rig ride like a dump truck.

Been thinking of a 44/9 but that HP30 and 8.8 sound nice too. Either of them trussed? Though I'd have to do some grinding and put control arm mounts on the 8.8 anyway...

Also is the 8.8 disc brake? Guessing it is but it never hurts to ask.

Don't think the 5150s are rebuildable.
8.8 is disc
no trusses
Snorkel and everything else will be avail if Dan doesn't take it complete.

OK, parts are now available.
The snorkel kit is $150
I will be sending PMs to all who requested info.

Back