• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running Nokian Tires

SOUTHTEXASXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have the chance to get Nokian Vatiiva M/T tires at really good price since my work can get them fron our forklift tire dist.
They told me they are made by cooper and styled after the MT MTZ ? Thats what I have now and have grown to like them. Any feedback!

Vatiiva-MT-3.jpg

Interesting looking tread. How hard/soft if the compound? If you get them, make sure and get them siped.

How big are you going?

How good a price?

here is the info on the tire!

Features/Benefits :
• Advanced Tire Construction - Designed such that getting stuck in the mud is not an option
• Specialized Tread Element Shape - Offers more rubber surface area on the road to maximize tread and reduce tire noise
• Strategic Siping - Each row of the aggressive tread elements is strategically siped for effective wet traction on hard surfaces
• Scalloped Shoulder Lugs - Aggressive alternating tread shoulder lugs designed for maximum evacuation of mud and dirt while giving excellent traction
• Stylized Buttress Design - Unique buttress design for "biting" edges in the upper sidewall for additional traction in soft surfaces while contributing to a bold, rugged appearance
• Center Traction Region - Interlocking wedge shaped center region elements provide excellent traction on soft surfaces
• M&S Rating - Mud and Snow All-Season Capability
size------------ load sp ply sidwall
35X12.50R15 113 Q C OWL

sounds like a good deal, but the tire itself doesn't look like an amazing tire. I don't think you should expect the same level of performance of a more research, tried and true tire design. But, under 200/tire for 35's is very hard to beat. I'd say get them and try them out, see how you feel about them. Reading advertisements isn't gonna give you any solid verdicts. it sounds like a lot of the normal advertising BS to me.

Go to Sams Club and check the prices. I can get BFG's for around $175 mounted and balanced. That price does not seem that great.

I have a friend with a 1997 Ranger with a 6" lift running a set of 33/1250R15's Nokian Vattiva MT's. I've ridden many times in the truck. They ride really well and don't make much noise. The wear is very good at this point. He has run them for about 7000 miles. His truck has only been on pavement at this point so I don't have any off highway experience to share.

You are not going to find a lot of data on this tire as it has only been out maybe 6 months at the most. None of the major 4WD magazines have even mentioned it. Hard to get data that way.

The tire is made by Cooper and thus should provide good service assuming proper tire pressure and rotations are done.

Go for it. I'm actually thinking of putting a smaller set on my '88.

Don't forget to factor in haveing them mounted and balanced. Also think about a tire warrenty(if you shove a root or rock through the side wall who will pay for the new one).

I'm running Nokian WRs on one XJ, Nokian Vativas on the other XJ. These are great tires. The WR is a high-silica all-season which actually works in winter- more of a durable winter tire that you can run year-round. (I won't use most all season tires- they're a bad joke compared to real winter tires). Tread is a road-oriented AT type. I only run the Vativas in the summer, and they are great daily-driver tires that also handle weekend gravel roads. Two of our trucks at work have the Nokian Hakapeliitta studded winter tires. These test as performing even better than Blizzak or Michelin x-Ice. They're made in Finland and incredible in the winter. I do not have experience with the Cooper-made Nokian model, but past experience with Cooper tires has been good.

I say go for it dude. I have never heard nor seen those, but i like them, looks like a mix between the Cooper STT's and the MT MTZ's. Be our Guinea pig and let us know how they are! :)

If you check out Nc4x4.com and go to the for sale part at the bottom and look at parts for sale. Theres a guy selling a set and has pictures, to give you a closer look at the tread and sidewall. I think they look awesome.

Back