NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > NorthWest Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

NorthWest Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Old April 18th, 2004, 13:30
Water is dirty

BOD trial period

Are we holding elections after the Naches event? Should be at the end of 6 months by then... The event would be cool to meet everyone so they know who they're voting for. How's that work, anyway? Do we have folks outside our Chapter handle the voting and whatnot since we already have a BOD?
Old April 18th, 2004, 14:06
NAXJA Forum User

Re: BOD trial period

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECKSJAY
Are we holding elections after the Naches event? Should be at the end of 6 months by then... The event would be cool to meet everyone so they know who they're voting for. How's that work, anyway? Do we have folks outside our Chapter handle the voting and whatnot since we already have a BOD?
You that anxious to get rid of us.

I looked back on some older posts and found that we became a chapter on December 19, 03. That puts our trial period over at around June 19, 04. Seems though that we once had a discussion (can't find it anywhere), that we'd hold elections after NW Fest. I believe that was when NW Fest was tentativly scheduled for early June though.

I don't think it would be that great of an idea to change BOD positions right before an event, especially, since we will end up meeting a lot of folks at the event and really getting to know them personally.

If anyone objects to the extension of the BOD positions untill after NW Fest, please speak up.

Steve
Old April 18th, 2004, 14:18
Water is dirty

Haha, not anxious to get rid of anyone.

How has the BOD been, anyhow? Been working on anything or has everything just been idle until the Fest? You guys meet up at all? What was the session schedule?
Old April 18th, 2004, 14:30
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Haha, not anxious to get rid of anyone.

How has the BOD been, anyhow? Been working on anything or has everything just been idle until the Fest? You guys meet up at all? What was the session schedule?
No, most things are handles over PM. Hans is 2 hours North of me, and Judd is 2 hours South of me, so meetings to discuss things aren't exactly convenient for anyone.

We are still working at some small issues and discussions (have to get a bank account and the such). For the most part, the Chapters are not high-maintenance.

Steve (wish I was out working on the XJ, damn flu is killing me)
Old April 18th, 2004, 14:33
Water is dirty

Yeah I knew everyone was apart...so I didn't mean "meet" literally. I figured stuff would be electronic.

If the Chapter needs an account I'd be happy to oblige. The SO here is at key Bank and can hook something up. Let me know. Also let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I'm bored as hell lately.
Old April 18th, 2004, 14:58
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Yeah I knew everyone was apart...so I didn't mean "meet" literally. I figured stuff would be electronic.

If the Chapter needs an account I'd be happy to oblige. The SO here is at key Bank and can hook something up. Let me know. Also let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I'm bored as hell lately.
We are still discussing it, but I'll let you know.

If you are that bored, you can always volunteer for something like 'Meal Coordinator' during NW Fest. But if we all go hungry, it'll be your fault
Old April 18th, 2004, 20:57
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis
We are still discussing it, but I'll let you know.

If you are that bored, you can always volunteer for something like 'Meal Coordinator' during NW Fest. But if we all go hungry, it'll be your fault
Amen... we need some peeps to volunteer for the fest.