• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cav fab alpha 3 link, pics of install and any issues please?

My only complaint with the TNT setup (other than the age old Y-Link Vs etc debate) is that you can't remove the crossmember/skid separate from the links. Having an automatic I like being able to drop the transmission pan easily to change the filter.

This is what I'm running and I'm really happy with it. Its cheaper and a 4-Link.

http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-s...-xj-competition-4-link-suspension-system.html

I will say, I like on that CAVFab setup how the lowers are tucked up in the frame more. I did get hung up on the lower control arm mount coming down a ledge when I was 33's still. I had my G/F get in the driver seat and work the wheel back and forth a bit while I gave it a shove and was able to get the Jeep off the ledge w/o much fuss though.

spend the extra money and go TNT.

My only complaint with the TNT setup (other than the age old Y-Link Vs etc debate) is that you can't remove the crossmember/skid separate from the links. Having an automatic I like being able to drop the transmission pan easily to change the filter. I did use it on my 92 XJ (5spd) and was happy with it. That was my issue with the BDS 4-Link too.

My only complaint with the TNT setup (other than the age old Y-Link Vs etc debate) is that you can't remove the crossmember/skid separate from the links. Having an automatic I like being able to drop the transmission pan easily to change the filter.

i used to think that. i built a crossmember similar to claytons... i never dropped the crossmember.

though i did have a manual. i dumped redline MTL into it once, and wheeling prep was as simple as making sure it was full. idk how often you are/should be changing filters.

I wouldn't be worried about it on a manual transmission equipped rig. With the automatic I change the filter every year. Its probably overkill, but I want to make sure its taken care of. My Jeep has 260,000+ miles on the original drivetrain.

My only complaint with the TNT setup (other than the age old Y-Link Vs etc debate) is that you can't remove the crossmember/skid separate from the links. Having an automatic I like being able to drop the transmission pan easily to change the filter. I did use it on my 92 XJ (5spd) and was happy with it. That was my issue with the BDS 4-Link too.

It's not too bad aside from those two 15/16" bracket nuts which are kind of awkward unless you have another set of hands. Takes about 10-15 minutes to drop. Just wish it had an access hole for the trans drain plug; I may drill my one in before I change the fluid next time.

Back