• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TCM GLX's XJ Under New Management

Sig Ep Mock

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you know Tony sold his XJ to a friend of mine....well when my buddy got it home he realized it wouldn't fit in his trailer and it was a little heavier than a stock XJ:tears: So about two weeks ago I got a call asking if he would like to trade ....and being the good friend that I am......:skull1: Brought it home last week and started in on a few changes.....needed to get the back seat set-up for my 3 year old, plus we have another one on the way.

Built a bracket in the rear for a 42" PRP seat. Here a few progress pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

100_2710.jpg 100_2711.jpg

Last edited:
A few more pics of the rear. Not sure if I should be proud of this one or embarraed but I wanted to tie into as many of the stock points as possible so I used a small piece of chain to tie the new seat frame into the stock mounts(Coated the chain in plastic dip just in case).

attachment.php

100_2716.jpg 100_2714.jpg

That looks pretty sweet. What did you trade in?

Well with a back seat in there I now needed some storage room so, even though I hated it I had to modify the spare tire mount. Cut part of the cage out and laid the tire in flat. It fit perfectly between the rear seat and hatch....I planned it that way:dunce: I'll build a shelf/basket now that sits over the top of the spare and tie's into the cage (Just waiting on the anodized billet alum cage clamps to come in :) )

attachment.php

attachment.php

Still got a few more things to do but I thought I would give you guys the update.

Chris

100_2712.jpg 100_2725.jpg

nice :D continuing with the bling bling style, i like it!

:cheers:

Tony made me sign something when he heard I got the Jeep that said I had a "responsibility" to keep up the BLING...didn't read it till we got home.....man this is gonna cost me :bawl: :laugh2::laugh:

Chris

Right on Chris, so glad to see that it will be wheeled and used properly!! Love the rear seat!! And by the way, you are legally bound to those doc you signed! The bling must go on!

Here are some pic when Tony still had it. Need to go out and get some of my own.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

Here's what I traded for it...

95 XJ with RE 3.5"

attachment.php

100_2556.jpg

Last edited:
Back