• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fumes in the garage

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
I recently parked the XJ in the garage to start the dismantling of it to throw on my lift, bumpers, etc. It is parked about a foot away from the washer/dryer. Now our laundry smells like gas, oil and PB Blaster. Needless to say the wife isn't very happy. Anything I can do? Do you think an air purifier above the washer/dryer will help?

Move the washer and dryer outside, or send the wife to the laundry mat. That'll teach her to complain.

One thing you probably want to keep in mind, is that the smell is the penetratant. Working on the jeep near the washer should not be a problem - but PB Blaster can be.

This is not a "long term" problem. :)

Hey, I saw your post on the 67-72 truck forum. What's the deal? Are you working on your XJ or a truck? If you have both in the garage, must be a big garage because I sure can't fit my XJ and '68 C10 in my two car garage and actually be able to work on them. :D

Back