• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

speedo not working

tealxj97

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys once again my 97 xj has some strange gremlins going on. Its a 97 xj with an ax15. Just finished with floor pans and found out i don't have a working speedo anymore.

I've crawled underneath and checked to see if i melted or cut any wires and every thing looks fine. i just put the front driveshaft in and transfer case linkage and when i shift it i don't have the 4x4 indicator light in my gauge cluster either. Does anyone know if there is a wire or ground i may of misses or cut hidden away somewhere? it almost seems to me that the harness running down my transmission tunnel is dead for some reason. Only Check engine light i have is for the speedometer not functioning. thank you guys in advance!

Everything "looks" fine, or you used your volts/ohms multi-meter to test the related wires ?

Back