• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Legal Beadlocks

What makes you call these bead locks?

Those are "beadlooks", but there are street legal ones!

I beg to differ. There is no clamping of the bead. They are stock rims with some decorative bolt heads on the inside.

I beg to differ. There is no clamping of the bead. They are stock rims with some decorative bolt heads on the inside.

Yep, not seeing a true beadlock either. Just some bling....

With all those holes they will be less strong that a good old set a AR767's.

Real bead locks are a pain in the ass to get installed right and keep maintained to keep from leaking. They are needed when doing EXTREME rock crawling, aired down below 10psi and even then are optional.

The question i have, what makes you think those are any more legal than any other beadlock?

And I say 'more legal', because beadlocks are not *illegal*. Except in parts of Utah, but then IIRC you just fail inspection until you change them.

There's no law that says beadlocks are legal or illegal, there are requirements that manufacturers certify their wheels do or do not comply to.

It seems really unlikely that "made in china" beadlocks have been tested for SAE J2530 compliance, making them no more legal than the Raceline or Champion beadlocks many of us have been daily driving on for the last 15 years.

Last edited:
OP is from Australia, most likely have different laws down under regarding beadlocks. Probably should check with local experts or authorities about legality of running beadlocks in his area.

Well yes.

But when you ask for advice on the north american xj forum you do have to expect north american advice. ;)

Use a torque wrench and they don't come loose and usually don't leak. I commuted on beadlocks for more than a decade

xjdavid, even aside from the legality of those wheels in your area, looks like Alibaba has a minimum order quantity of 2000 pieces. So unless you have a lot of friends to run them, or a local supplier, it may be a moot discussion.

xjdavid, even aside from the legality of those wheels in your area, looks like Alibaba has a minimum order quantity of 2000 pieces. So unless you have a lot of friends to run them, or a local supplier, it may be a moot discussion.
yes if they are selling them in lots of 2000 then who is selling the individual ones.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Back