• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25" axle shaft ???

I don't know how many of you a familiar with EBC break-in coatings, but it's like 80 grit! But right now(they talk about noise during break-in) the only noise is from the rear as you turn(transferring end-play from one side to the other) causing a grinding/growling sound!

EBC has some of the best pads out there that I have messed with. I have been wanting to try the black magic pads out tho. I have the cheapy duralast gold pads on the front now and braking sucks lol

My 01's Vanco brakes came with EBC Yellow pads. They were the best pads I have ever used, when hot. Very reassuring on long, steep downhill descents.
They didn't have the same braking power when cold, needing to warm up for best performance. I almost crashed on a very cold winter morning, while at freeway speeds, the pads didn't have the initial bite that I was used too.

I switched to Black Magic pads several years ago and feel they are the best overall pads, working great hot and cold.

Update : Did the axle shimming last weekend, won't get the Jeep back on the road till next week to see my results..........
But the splines measure 1.265"

The shimming definately did the job! The pedal almost doesn't travel at all before any contact.

Back