• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bend Ranch State Park

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
I just got back and can't wait to get back again from 4 nights there!!! Was just me and my dog Diesel... other guys had to bail :( Actually was GR8 being alone and out in the remote areas. I camped in some nice places but scouted out some others for the next trip.

Bring what you need... only can get water and firewood at the ranger station. Between remoteness, dog and fire friendly... I will always go here over the National Park. The next time I may even break it up and spend a night in the bunkhouse they rent for $25 and you get hot meal :) for $100 you can stay at the Big House!

Will definitely rent a horse too the next time!

It's all dirt roads but none real tough stuff... but fun.I never needed 4X4 but would not have wanted a 2wd just in case. Rough country but no biggie and I kept away from the sandy areas. Real bad wash boarding on main road.

I love this Park I can't believe this is the first time I've been!
progress.gif

I have been wanting to get out there for a while. Maybe someday when the job stops getting in the way.. lol

Wow!!! Man once I finish my jeep and get your axle started and done we will have to take a trip out there... It looks amazing.

Evan, I'm ready to go again :) there is a lot of the park I did not get to... like down by the river.

Long drive but worth it!

Alright Roger, you've got half the board interested now.

I used to roam that area about 40 years ago. Love the desert camping.

Im smelling a chapter run out there...... or is that my bo???.... i dunno.

either way it sounds sweet.

Back