• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do you fix shackle angle without relocators?

Kiefer316

NAXJA Forum User
Well im in a bit of a bind. I just bought some used shackles and installed em in about 30 minutes They are longer then the stock ones which is the whole reason i bought em. Anyways i got em in and the angle is still the same if not worse. So How would i go about fixin it? Loosen the shackle bolts a little?

Its going to stay the same if all you did was swap shackles. Swapping a longer main leaf into the pack will push the shackle back some. Relocating the top shackle mount is the best way to do it.

Alright. Well it seems to ride better then it did. So i guess shackle relocators is on the list for when i have the green.

longer springs in general, you can go to MJ springs. I can also make you a set of shackle relocators for a lot less than the HDOffroad kit. I'll be making myself some soon. There is also bommerang shackles.

Back