• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

disconnect tranny line from radiator, 00 xj???

xj2k

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, the tranny cooler line that connects to the radiator is leaking. I know there is an o-ring in there that I want to change however the line is connected with one of those stupid metal clips that clip over a barb on the radiator connector. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about because I don't know how else to describe it. Anyways, how do I get this metal clip out of there without wrecking anything.

On an unrelated note, I just put a '01 xj motor with 5k into my jeep. The jeep idles crappy now, stumbles a bit when I first get on the gas, and seems to be lacking power. I'm going to clean the throttlebody this weekend and hope this helps. If not, what do you guys think could be wrong. The motor has good compression, good spark, good oil pressure and good temp. New plugs and almost everything else changeable! I'm guessing it's either a sensor (didn't change them) or the throttle body is dusty/dirty.

Mark

as to the first question my 93 has a plastic clip for the connection not metal, as described on another thread, squeez the clips and pull the tranny hose strait off. The trick is that the clip stays in place - pull on just the hose connector, not the clip.

Back