• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lifting my rig -- again

jallen

NAXJA Forum User
about 2 years ago i bought the 4.5" RE super flex lift with new full rear spring packs (the 3.5" packs). i origionally got a lift gain of 5.5" that has since settled to about 5" of lift.

now i want to add about 2" of more lift and am unsure of the best way to do so without sacrificing ride quality.

i know that i don't want to add blocks. i also know that i already have lift shackles that came with the origional RE kit. it seems to me that the most cost effective way to add the 2" would be to grab a 2.5" full length AAL from RE, but i am concerned as to what the end result to my ride quality would be. i know that i could call someone like national and get new packs built to my specs, but i'm not excited about spending that much $$$.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

So if I read you right, you have 3.5" leaf springs from RE. Go with the 4.5" springs and some Boomerage Shackles from ORGS/JKS. I have that set up on mine and it sits at over 6" of lift. Has been that way from day one back 3 years ago when I put it on. For the front a spacer will work fine, but your shocks might be to short. Juice

I agree if you have the funds to get new leaf packs for the rear. I'd skip on the AAL. As for the front, I'd either rock a set of RE 5.5 coils or add a spacer. JKS ACOS are awesome if you have the funds, its nice to be able to fine tune your front higth in case you ever add a winch or a HD front bumper.

-Scott

Dont forget about the need for Drop Brackets and the steering!

I'd go with the blocks in the rear. A flatter spring is more flexible than a highly arched spring. Add-a-leafs can be detrimental to your ride quality and the boomerang shackles will do little or nothing if you already have lift shackles. I ran blocks for years a it was never a problem. Plus blocks are very inexpensive, so you'll have more to spend on the front end. :)

On the front end the inexpensive way to go is poly spacers. Between new coils or the ACOS, go with the ACOS and have the adjustability, maybe you'll want more lift in the future.

Are your control arms and trackbar adjustable? Will you need longer brake lines? If you haven't already, you might get away with bending the brake line and repositioning lower on the frame.

Back