• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Pressure Gauge

Yeah, that's weird. Check the connection to the sending unit. Pull it off and plug it back on 4 or 5 times to scrape the connection. Also, maybe jiggle the wire while someone watches the gage.

Yeah, that's weird. Check the connection to the sending unit. Pull it off and plug it back on 4 or 5 times to scrape the connection. Also, maybe jiggle the wire while someone watches the gage.

x2, if that doesn't fix it, and none of the other gauges demonstrate weird fluctuations, then most likely the sender--buy a quality unit.

Be sure to address the issue I let mey sender go whacko for about 5-6 months then it cracked and squirted ALL of my oil in about 2 minutes (smokey not fun) x2 on buying a quality sender...I bought the cheap one and it does stupid things here and there. I think they are $24 and up and its about a 5 minute swap. (on my 95 at least)

x2, if that doesn't fix it, and none of the other gauges demonstrate weird fluctuations, then most likely the sender--buy a quality unit.

X3 When the needle pegs to the right it has lost all connection. Mine does it after I change my oil because I allways unplug it to give me more room to get at the filter.

Back