• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Barnwell Nov 14th-16th

xxmidianxx

NAXJA Forum User
Naxja RRC Fall Get-Together
November 14 - 16, 2008
Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area
An "Official" RRC get-together. Nothing fancy, just camping and wheeling.

I wanted to start a thread to find out who is going, what time you leaving / arriving, and if we are going to be doing a cook out or something like that. Its getting close to time and I kinda wanted to get some info on the board.

Current Attendance:

Goodburbon
MrsGoodburbon
Kendrik
BigDaddyChia
xxmidianxx
MK153SMAW & Friends
Mr. Black
Big_JermsXJ
xjintx
x2elilte
rokclimbertx
magimerlin

Texas Off-Highway Vehicle Program

Do I need a Texas OHV decal when trail riding on private lands?
No, unless the land was purchased for use as an OHV park or at an existing OHV venue that made facility improvements using National Recreational Trails Program grant funds or Texas OHV program grant funds, i.e., TMTC’s Barnwell Mountain Recreational Area.

Will OHV decals from other states be honored in Texas?
At this time, there are no reciprocity agreements between Texas and other States which have State OHV decal programs. If a resident of another state wants to trail ride with their OHV on public lands, where OHV recreation is legal in Texas, they will be required to purchase a Texas OHV decal.

Do street-legal vehicles need the OHV decal when riding at an OHV venue located on the public lands of Texas?
Yes, street legal motorcycles, street legal full-sized vehicles, full-sized 2-wheel drive vehicles, and 4-wheel drive vehicles need a Texas OHV decal when trail riding on public land. Use of street-legal OHVs on private land or on public roads does not require the Texas OHV decal.

In any event, that money goes directly to help fund ORV upkeep and provide money for new areas, so I suggest everyone pick one up. It's only $8 bucks a year, so it's money well spent. You can order one over the phone at 512-389-8917.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going. I already asked off. Perfect birthday present...yay! May bring Alex with us...if not him, prolly Betty :) I will be off Friday, so we will prolly leave early Friday morning and camp Friday night and Saturday night. Ok, that is all :)

Hannah and I will probably be up Friday evening around 7ish... she works til 5 or so.

Ok thats great so far... I will ask the LSJC if we can use their camp site. It is in a great location, has a pavillion and they kinda share the site with us COR guys. The site also has a great fire ring built.

Ian you know I am too poor to pay attention...

Ok well I should of said this in my first post. We (the whole family) will be heading out EARLY Friday morning and should be arriving around 10-11 am to get a half day of wheeling in.

We will be camping but might be heading to a hotel if weather gets bad. The wife and I were talking about bringing food for breakfast for all on Sat morning. But we are also thinking about throwing something together on Friday night

I'll be heading up friday afternoon. I'm hoping to have a friend of my tagging along in his stocker, as well. I'm hoping to get there around 9PM on friday.

GREAT!!!! Now Ian will have a buddy to hang out with while us real XJs go out wheeling!

Now you are just showing your ED.

Well Ian are you and Jennifer going to make this trip?

We are planning on it.

I've finally put stock steering parts back on her rig to get it mobile again. Whether she gets new axles between now and then is a different story, but if she doesn't I'll prolly take mine and the FSJ out to break things.

It looks like it's going to come down to the wire but I'll probably get the jeep done in time. I'll be there late friday if i make it... I'm new so keep an eye out for me, I'll be the one in the jeep cherokee.

Back