• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

explain my prop valve to me like i'm 6

damo252

NAXJA Forum User
I have an '89 cherokee with the ABS system. I have a currie 9" with the explorer brakes, and my cherokee will only stop when I stand on the gas pedal.

I did the modification to the prop valve and I read on other threads, but I am not sure what hard lines are actually going into and coming out of my prop valve :dunno:

I have searched and I am really starting to get mad

I have come down to the point where I am going to swap in a pb/mc from a non ABS cherokee, and buy an inline prop valve to take care of the issue if I can't figure this out.

Please help before I drive my jeep off of a cliff

ummm, not to be an ass or anything, but if you have to stand on the gas to apply the brakes, it sounds like you don't have enough of a vaccume to the master cylinder. Just an idea though. I also doubt that driving it off of a cliff would solve any of the problem, but it might increase your stopping ability speed momentairly when you hit the ground.

I apperantly can't type. I so actually push on the brake pedal to stop.

If I drive the jeep off a cliff I would no longer have to deal with the brake issue.

Back