• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window lock out

Soapy1

NAXJA Forum User
Last year I replaced my drivers side master window switch and rear passenger door switch since the rest passenger door window did not work. It fixed the problem for a while but now it has stopped working again. If I do the jumper wire fix on the drivers master switch to by pass the lockout would this cure the problem.

Doing the bypass should fix it. You can do a temporary test bypass with a paper clip in the backside of the wire plug.

Last edited:
Why do these things keep failing?! Glad I saw this. I'm very OCD about everything working perfectly and in perfect condition on my xj and I was about to buy a brand new control for my drivers door to fix that problem. So in summary I'll spend like $300 for a maybe 6 months of properly working switches no thanks! Just hate to do the bypass because then I have a button that doesnt do anything

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The issue is caused by poor solder joints, you can pull your master switch apart and fix the connections with proper solder and not have to worry about it again.

9H1OEYd2dX3NrjyqH6CRPwUBCjQJS7kz4S9d6vqxccUvHfDBbQBfgJAmPq21vH6t-BjGFHqrr75S-Tz7jS4Dfxd0kPJgBGQtQO3QJ1N8IldxfHqz_gdrGTKEtT8SxAZcHcqHkA_EyWM=w1200

Right ^

The cheap master switches that are for sale for $19 suck. People go crazy when I sell repaired OEM master switches for $25 plus shipping. I get it because they work and they last.

The issue is caused by poor solder joints, you can pull your master switch apart and fix the connections with proper solder and not have to worry about it again.

9H1OEYd2dX3NrjyqH6CRPwUBCjQJS7kz4S9d6vqxccUvHfDBbQBfgJAmPq21vH6t-BjGFHqrr75S-Tz7jS4Dfxd0kPJgBGQtQO3QJ1N8IldxfHqz_gdrGTKEtT8SxAZcHcqHkA_EyWM=w1200

So - just to make sure I understand, disassemble, resolder on the cracked joints, then it's good to go??? I'm on my third replacement switch now, and the only time I notice it doesn't work is when the bosses are in the jeep with me - but last weekend they helpfully pointed this out to me.
HOT DAMN, I might get this thing fixed after all.

Back