• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Carriers

Took me a minute but I see what you did. I thought you meant the hitch itself at first and I couldn't figure it out...

That's cool. I wouldn't have thought to use the hitch like that.

Yeah - I couldn't come up with another mount that tied-in to the unibody better than the existing hitch, so it ended-up working quite well.

Wordtothis very nice looking setup. Good engineering on your part.

Thanks... it's nice having a machine shop at your disposal for things like this. All of the hardware is way overkill in terms of strength, there are sealed needle bearings in the pivot too, so hopefully it'll require next to no maintenance for the duration.

No he isn't. You can contact him through his FB page.

good luck. I've been trying to get his carrier for several years.

wordtothis, another good design. very cool. thanks for posting

I almost have my hitch mount put together. I became a 2 year member over the weekend but still have not been granted ability to post pictures.

I almost have my hitch mount put together. I became a 2 year member over the weekend but still have not been granted ability to post pictures.

I have been a long-time lurker, and only recently became a member. As far as posting pictures is concerned, you just need to make sure your images are hosted on the internet, then you can post them via pasting the link into the "insert image" dialog box that opens when you click the "insert image" icon.

Back