• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trackbar brace hitting trackbar

92tahoexj

NAXJA Forum User
anyone have a problem with their trackbar brace rubbing against the trackbar? i have a rusty'd HD adj track bar w/ brace and they are so close they rub against each other. maybe i just mounted it wrong or something. i have it mounted to the front of the HD trackbar bracket. should it be mounted at the back instead?

sorry, my digital camera got stolen and i haven't replaced it yet. the brace is rubbing near the end where it's mounted to the frame mount bracket. about an inch away from the jam nut on the adj end of the track bar. i used a couple of washers between the bracket and the brace to give it some more clearance before i put on the nylock nut, but it still rubs. maybe I'll just throw on a few more and see if that works. I thought maybe it went on the other side of the frame mount, but that looks like it would be too close to the oil pan.

if i push the axle forward more it would rub more, unless i mount the brace on the rear side of the trackbar frame bracket, but i think the brace would be too close to the oil pan.

if i push the axle forward more it would rub more, unless i mount the brace on the rear side of the trackbar frame bracket, but i think the brace would be too close to the oil pan.
So your brace is on the front of the bracket? That's your problem, I know my RE brace is mounted to the rear. It's not too close to the oil pan. Your engine shouldn't move that much.

the rusty's brace is supposed to mount in front of the bracket. with the adj arms and the drop brackets, your front axle is now pushed further forward and causing the contact. even with the arm adjusted all the way in, you may still end up with the axle too far forward.

i figured it needed to be mounted in the front. i'm just going to either add a few more washers or move the other side forward and drill some new holes where it mounts on the passenger side. i just don't want it to bind up when it flexes. maybe i'll just remove it until i can fab something up myself.

thanks for all the help,
chris

Back